Sr. Account Executive, Visa Direct
- New York, NY, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
*** Position can either be NY or SF based ***
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), bill payment, cross-border remittance and more. Currently, the push payments market around the world is estimated to be an $80T opportunity.
The Sr. Account Executive, Visa Direct reports to the Visa Direct Regional Sales Leader, with a dual reporting into Business Leader (s) that manage the accounts being covered. The role will lead sales acceleration with partners for Visa Direct in the U.S.. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building and fortifying a new ecosystem in the fast moving world of payments and one of the most important initiatives at Visa.
This role will be responsible for leading sales partners to achieve aggressive sales targets and ensuring breakout growth of Visa Direct in market. We will be working in an agile environment, so this person must be aggressive and proactive to ensure we achieve our goals. Must be able to pivot and adjust as new information and lessons learned come to light.
This is a matrix, cross-functional role so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical, as we interface with specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant and acquiring sales, client consulting, marketing and corporate communications, legal, and finance to coordinate the end goal of achieving aspirational objectives.
Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in strategy and business growth with a proven record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
Achieve or exceed aggressive sales targets for Visa Direct in the country
- Achieve annual sales goals and enablement milestones for Visa Direct, in partnership with local sales teams
- Take clients through the sales cycle from prospecting to solutioning to deal structure to contract
- Develop sales strategy for sales acceleration, including determining high potential client targets, use cases, verticals, etc.
- Drive lead-generation, referrals and prospecting programs and ensure good response to new leads coming in
Drive three key workstreams for Visa Direct growth
- Work with existing Visa enablers and their Account Executives to cross-sell Visa Direct solution where a good fit exists
- Lead prospecting to non-Visa partners to find the right contacts and build relationships, and sell where a good fit exists
- Lead a reseller program to help Enablers (acquirers, processors, gateways and FinTechs) grow their new Visa Direct product offering
Work with cross functional partners in region to ensure we have what we need to be successful with our clients
- Partner with VD Product team to develop the go-to-market strategy and ensure we have the right value proposition and product construct to meet client needs
- Work with Marketing to ensure our client facing materials are excellent and help accelerate the learning and sales process
- Collaborate with the Communications and Product teams share progress and growth to external audiences through a communication plan, PR, conference events, etc.
- Work with Finance to ensure appropriate incentive structure, modeling and incentive deal review structure and approval process
- Work with Legal to ensure client contracts that drive to successful outcomes for both Visa and our clients
- Work with Client Services to handoff from sale to implementation and ensure well-run projects
Drive pipeline development and pipeline review process
- Lead regular pipeline review and problem solving sessions with the sales teams and help problem solve when client plans are stalled
- Support the Visa Direct Regional Sales Leader in the monthly pipeline consolidation process
Ensure sellers are ready and able to sell Visa Direct to clients
- Work with training liaison to drive initial and ongoing sales training across the client sales cycle
- Ensure sellers know about and have access to client-ready, legal approved sales materials
- Help sellers trouble-shoot and overcome client objections
- Work with regional global VD product teams and operations to understand state of Issuer readiness, and state of client implementations and post-launch support
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action and proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching and commercializing technology products that delight customers
- 12+ years of industry related and leadership experience, including at least two years of experience leading commercialization teams, product management, strategy organization and/or management consulting
- Demonstrated success in driving sales acceleration with new product offering
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on delivering for clients
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both verbal and written), and executive presence; must be able to interface with our most senior client executives
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audiences in an approachable way to influence and drive adaption
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do and excited about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Ability to inspire direct reports and influence those without direct management responsibility
- Possess a high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust and respect with business partners and suppliers
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating across functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Visa or financial/payment industry knowledge required; push payments or real-time payments experience a plus
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 50% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.”