Business Development Manager
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Cambodia team comprises of a highly motivated bunch of problem solvers who create impactful experiences for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners via strong collaboration, we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to drive electronification of payments in Cambodia.
If you are business savvy with financial services industry experience and have a strong background in financial analysis and forecasting necessary to support the Business Development function, you should apply!
What a Business Development Manager does at Visa:
In this role, you are expected to:
- Manage Visa clients by providing strong client relationship support
- Identify new opportunities to mutually grow client and Visa business
Manage Business Planning and Operations
- Provide the Business Development team, functional units and management with a clear picture of current business performance and progress towards targets via preparation of relevant reports and dashboards
- Support the execution of the country’s Business Plans and ensure initiatives, budget and KPIs are consistently met
- Support key cross-functional activities for the team, such as cross-border activities by working with in-country Business Development and functional teams to ensure goal alignment and execution on all initiatives to achieve country goals
- Monitor product budgets reporting associated with product platforms, ensuring budget is fully optimized while proper processes are followed and initiatives are delivered on time and within agreed budget
Why this is important to Visa
This is an expanded role which that we believe provides strategic and critical support to key functions (Business Development, Finance and Product) and drives key activities in Cambodia. You will also work closely with other core functions in Visa such as the Merchant Solutions & Acquiring, Government Relations and Business Solutions teams to identify areas of opportunity and growth.
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the team, you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients.
- As a key member of the Business Development team, you will provide Management with key inputs for decision-making and business performance: timely and efficient management of client sales processes, internal procurement processes and execution of identified functional plans and Visa events
- You will develop and maintain effective processes and record keeping measures to accurately track business performance, associated revenues and tracking of deal performance and forecasting of deal incentives; and provide support for business financial planning
- Support the Business Development team on end-to-end deal approval and client contract execution processes
What you will need:
We are looking to hire candidates that have already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry, results-driven and client-centric. As a candidate you should have:
- Bachelor degree in Banking or Accounting or Finance (or equivalent job experience)
- Min 5 to 8 years of payments industry experience (preferably in business analysis, strategy and/or financial services) with a proven track record of executing projects for high-performing cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Possess strong problem-solving skills on process mapping, task management and execution
- Possess strong analytical skills with a keen eye for data extraction, manipulation and insight development with limited data
What will also help:
- Strong knowledge of Cambodia payments landscape, emerging players, business models, and trends is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to influence
- Comfortable in working independently while effectively working across functional lines and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to be creative and manage competing priorities to achieve desired end-state
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.