Head of Brand and Product Marketing - Italy
- Milan, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as our Head of Brand and Product Marketing, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Head of Brand & Product Marketing leads Visa B2C campaigns in Italy. They will develop and implement marketing campaigns to build the brand and support the key business initiatives, leading work across all media touchpoints. The main responsibility is to continue to evolve the stature of the Visa brand through a kind of marketing that is strategically sound, engages consumers’ hearts and minds, and builds the business.
This is a unique role for the right individual, with the opportunity to create marketing campaigns for a world-class brand, in a growing category that is undergoing a profound transformation powered by technology. And with the UEFA Women’s Champions League coming to Turin in 2022, and the Olympics in Milan / Cortina in 2026, this role will have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to activate Visa’s sponsorship in ways that builds the emotional connection to the brand, and drives revenue for the company.
The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented, highly motivated and inspirational marketer with the ability to mobilise resources (marketing team, agency partners, multi-functional peers, etc). The individual must be flexible and have a “can do”, positive attitude, combining a solutions-orientated mind-set with a highly collaborative approach. The selected individual will bring to this position deep, proven marketing expertise in world-class brands, and will be ready to take the brand to the next level.
The role reports directly into the VP – Head of Southern European Marketing.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Solidify Visa’s positioning as the leader in electronic payments in the market by developing marketing campaigns that drive profitable transactions and revenue for both Visa and its clients.
- Conduct analysis and provide thought leadership and advice by leveraging data, metrics, and insights to be shared with internal teams, senior management, and external clients.
- Leverage our top sponsorship properties (i.e. FIFA, Olympics, UEFA Women’s Football) through engaging marketing programs that win with consumers and clients.
- Effectively partner with the European Marketing team to leverage regional resources in core functions like Research, Analytics, and Sponsorships.
- Partner with product owners and client facing teams to effectively market Visa products, endeavouring to break down silos and work together as "One Visa".
- Champion the positioning of the Visa brand in the market.
- Leverage global sponsorships through marketing activities that engage clients and consumers.
- Inspire and lead the agency partners (creative, media, data).
- Accountable for the optimal utilisation of the marketing budget, maximising ROI
- Results-oriented marketer with extensive experience with leading brands.
- Proficient in the fundamentals of marketing and with a clear consumer focus.
- Strong creative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to gain credibility with senior leaders across functions, both internally and externally.
- Ability to consistently think and act pro-actively, able to lead and adapt to change
- Curious, with a passion for innovation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of the markets in scope – thinks globally while addressing local needs.
- Fluent in both Italian and English.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience of working across different sectors; technology, FMCG, telco and other consumer branded sectors would be advantageous
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.