Systems Analyst - Application Production Support
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for a bright, passionate and dedicated employee to join our Product Reliability Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting our production transaction processing systems. These systems are truly the backbone of our business and process millions of transactions daily for some of the most prestigious merchants in the globe. Candidate will be responsible to provide successful implementation and management of production environments. He/She should ensure the service meets the business quality, security and compliance standards, and providing automation and documentation for the ongoing support and maintenance of the systems.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Initial escalation point for Service Desk Tier 1 for application issues
- Maintain and update 3rd party applications (IIS, .NET etc..)
- Monitor application performance (e.g. memory, logging, latency)
- Writing SQL queries for data analytics
- Problem Management for Applications
- Code release into Test and Production environments
- Debug the code analyze ongoing issue
- Support application deployment for new and existing services or features working with different groups like Product Development and Engineering
- Support Customer Support on merchant escalated issues specific to applications. (e.g. increase latency)
- Implement and maintain Performance monitoring dashboards using industry standard tools (Splunk, Thousand Eyes, Graphite etc..)
- Reduce manual effort by automating most of the tasks for the environment.
- 4-8 years of exp. working in a Windows environment
- Strong working knowledge on any of the applications(C#/.Net/ASP/Java)
- General understanding of programming concepts
- PowerShell/Shell scripting knowledge
- Experience writing basic SQL queries
- Familiarity with navigating around Linux command line
- Basic knowledge of system administration, databases and/or network topology
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated and goal driven to run with individual projects to meet business needs
- Help planning and directing of projects to ensure application efficiency
- Ability to adapt to shift work (off hours/weekend work)
- Strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn is a must
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline or equivalent work experience.