- London, UK
Job Title: Entity Manager
Job Code: REF27482O
Skill Category: Legal
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Start date: Tuesday 30 June 2020
Closing Date: Tuesday 28 July 2020
Salary: 55-75k GBP per annum
What’s it all about?
This role sits within a fun, supportive and hard-working Global Corporate Governance Team, who manage Visa's corporate legal entity management matters. The role will provide proactive, commercially focussed corporate governance and entity management services to Visa’s entities across Europe, Middle East and Africa, as well as assist the Global Corporate Governance Team and Visa Europe Board team on ad hoc projects as required.
You will join a newly forming team with a mandate for continuous improvement of processes and tools, and this is an exciting opportunity to help shape and be a part of Visa’s subsidiary governance and entity management in a broad, active and challenging international environment. The role will report to, and be supported by, the Visa Europe Deputy Company Secretary.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Responsibility for all governance matters and management of legal entities in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region.
- Assists with the management of Visa’s corporate structure in the region, including organising and dissolving entities and ongoing compliance with local legal requirements.
- Includes drafting and/or legal review of materials related to entities in the region including formation documents, board and shareholder meeting documentation, and other compliance documentation.
- Assists with corporate reorganisations, including asset or business transfers.
- Manages intercompany agreements and asset transfer agreements.
- Manages Board/Personnel changes, business license renewals/registrations, and powers of attorney.
- Coordinates with members of the regional and Global Finance teams to ensure entity compliance with local financial statement requirements, including the creation and maintenance of annual compliance calendars.
- Pro-active planning and coordination with cross-functional team to effectively support the corporate structure.
- Maintains legal entity records, including minute books, for entities in the region.
- Assists with the implementation of the Entity Formation and Management Procedures in the region.
- Manages outside regional counsel on entity matters, including annual budgets.
- Proactively manages and education internal stakeholders on signature authority within Visa.
- Key point of contact for all entity related queries.
- Maintains electronic entity database (including information and documentation).
- Maintains legal entity records, including minute books, for entities.
- Coordinates with the Global Corporate Governance Team, including assistance on global ad hoc projects or improvements.
- Provides regular training and updates to other stakeholders in corporate governance and Board matters, including promoting and protecting the corporate structure.
- Assists with implementation of entity or corporate actions resulting from regulatory developments.
- Provides ad hoc assistance to the Visa Europe Board Team in all areas of managing the Visa Europe Board and Committee meetings, as needed
What we’re after?
- Significant knowledge of Visa and its products
- Strong focus on customer experience
- Proactive approach in all areas
- Excellent quality work product and attention to detail
- Consistently meeting deadlines
- Clear, concise and professional communication
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with project management experience desired
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Good level of international corporate governance knowledge
- Ability and desire to be challenged professionally and personally
- Evidence of ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including top level executives and directors
- Flexible and able to work both without supervision and in a team environment and meet tight deadlines in pressurised environment
- Experience in a global multinational organisation with responsibilities for international entity management experience required
- Advanced IT literacy
- Experience of budget and cost control; High standards of delivery and advice
- Looking for 5+ year PQE qualified lawyer with experience in both private practice and in-house