- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pay
Digital & Developer Product Development (DDP) develops, delivers, and manages end-to-end technology products to promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets.
Visa Direct Technology PMO is seeking highly qualified senior program managers who are passionate about innovating, planning and delivering truly differentiated user experiences. The person in this role will work across multiple business and technical units within Visa to drive overall project success. Comprehensive day-to-day management of multiple, cross-functional, global software development projects will be required.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting business partners during the ideation phase
- Driving requirements elaboration with business and technology partners
- Writing detailed and executive friendly status reports
- Operate with minimal supervision
- Managing technical project scope definition and understand project priority
- Driving cross-functional planning and project execution with the technology teams
- Developing and managing detailed baseline project plans
- Driving, managing, and tracking projects through each phase of the project life cycle through to successful completion
- Managing and communicating status, issues and risks with project stakeholders.
- Manage project change requests, project priorities, and project trade-offs.
- Providing leadership to cross-functional, global project teams
- Maintaining current project documentation
- Becoming a PM-level subject matter expert in the Visa services this role supports, and the high-level technology components that support those services
- Driving team compliance with quality, security, operational resilience, and other non-functional requirements
This position will work closely with members of Product Management, UI/UX, Product Development, QA, Release Management, Implementation Management, Security, and Operations teams, as well as with all levels of management within the organization. The DDP organization leverages the Scrum delivery model. This role will include complex project management that involves integrating multiple delivery methodologies within projects (e.g., various flavors of Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall).
A strong candidate will have experience with technology project management, cross-functional team leadership, and managing through influence, as well as communications, business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, project/program management, processes, and change management. The ideal candidate is not just a facilitator or administrator, but has a drive to get things done and a "make it happen" attitude. This candidate must have strong experience in onsite/offsite collaboration and the ability to manage communication across global time zones.
Highly experienced in developing, operating and tailoring Agile and Waterfall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
Drive sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies
Has prior experience of running scrum teams
Has a good understanding of managing securing Visa's products and services
Agile release planning and solid dependency management
Develop metrics and reports using Rally to help the team understand its health and progress and to set goals
Produce weekly status reports, manage risks and pro-actively partner with fellow PM's
Technical acumen to capture, communicate and drive issues/blockers/risks to resolution
Managing effective Agile Ceremonies and tracking change controls
Strong Communication: Clear and concise verbal and written skills
Team leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution
MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Visio (Required)
Manage teams in a matrixed geographically disperse environment
- 15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
Experience with onsite/offsite collaboration and managing multi-year projects and/or programs.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.
Five (5) years specialized experience in project or program management.
Certified Scrum Master experience is preferred
Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent project management certification. Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) certification, Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
Familiarity with project management and reporting tools (e.g., Clarity, Rally, Tableau, Excel, Rally, JIRA Etc.); project management techniques; software development lifecycle in an e-commerce or web environment; scrum or agile experience.
Familiarity with productivity and collaboration tools, including Sharepoint, Microsoft Teams, Wiki pages, etc.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.