Software Developer (12 months FTC) - Level 4 - Token ID
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
Token ID is a Visa company.
What's it all about?
The software developer is led by the Software Development Manager and is part of the Products department. The role has no direct reports.
Developing software products (or parts thereof) according to the quality standards of Token ID, with the purpose to meet the client’s expectations
What we expect of you, day to day
- Identifies, prioritizes and executes tasks in the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develops well-designed, good smelling, easily testable, secure, manageable and high performant code
- Develops flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Participates code-review sessions not only as owner role but also reviewer role
- Integrates software components into a fully functional software system
- Develops software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Has a common sense for high test coverage and acts upon it
- Documents and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoots, debugs and upgrades existing systems
- Deploys programs and evaluates user feedback
- Complies with project plans and industry standards
- Ensures software is updated with latest features
- Develops tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automates tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Develops code that complies with business required standards and certifications like PCI DSS and HCE certifications
- Develops code based on secure coding guidelines
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Coordinates with the Software Development Manager on current programming tasks
- Collaborates with other developers/stakeholders to design and implement features
- Contributes to technical design documentation
- Works independently when required
- Maintains information security in the workplace and in the organization
Service Team Experts (STE)
- Work with SSIRT and SSIM to diagnose and remediate the identified issue.
- Provides expertise about the operation of their own service should that service be impacted.
- Applicable areas of the quality management system
- Codeline policy
- Guidelines for Jira
- Following relevant ISO procedures
Thinking about careers differently...
For this role the key skills required are...
- A relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree (Computer Engineering or Applied Computer Science), or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with Java technology. The platform is based on open source frameworks (Spring, Hibernate and Wicket).
- Experience in Payments and financial services.
- Experience in developing ECommerce solutions is plus.
- Experience in developing large complex applications
- OEM-Pay (Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay) is plus
- Experience with Cryptography/PKI/PKCS and HSM’s(Hardware Security Module) is plus
- Ability to provide solutions based on industry standard frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Skilled in using development tools like Maven, Jenkins including source code control, debugging and profiling
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Work on an innovative product through all phases of software development including design, implementation and deployment
- Good verbal and written skills in the English language
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.