Test Engineer (12 months FTC) - Token ID - Level 3
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
Token ID is a Visa company.
What's it all about?
The Test Engineer is part of the Payment Product Group and reports to the Test Lead/Test Engineering Manager. The role has no direct reports.
Test Engineer will be responsible for the quality of the deliverable.
What we expect of you, day to day...
- Testing our products at a functional as well as technical level, with a focus on black box testing.
- Determine a test plan after analysing the specification and Impact Analysis.
- Create test design, test Data and Automation scripts for testing.
- Configure the test software/environment in which the test will be performed.
- Perform manual or automated testing as per the test plan and ensure sufficient test coverage.
- Perform peer review within the project.
- Validate the test results and document and report the current result.
- Tracking the issue in Jira and manage the defect resolution.
- Co-ordinate across teams and build a good rapport with the development team.
- Participate in all the Agile ceremonies and provide estimations.
- Look out for opportunities and improve the process efficiently.
- Mentor and Guide team member.
- Maintain information security in the workplace and in the organization.
- The number of defect found by the customers should be less than the number of defects found by the QA team.
- Total number of defects should have a decreasing graph.
- Applicable areas of the quality management system
- Follow relevant ISO procedures
Thinking about careers differently...
For this role the key skills required are...
- Relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree, or equivalent professional experience
- The candidates must have recent automation testing experience
- Should have broad understanding of Software engineering concepts and Testing Methodology.
- Have in deft experience in impact analysis, test design and test Execution.
- Strong background in test automation with a focus on APIs.
- Automated testing APIs using SOAP UI.
- Strong experience with scripting language like Groovy/Java Script.
- Experience with test Automation tools like: Selenium and Appium(preferred).
- Experience with version Control tools.
- Experience with continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Have experience working in an Agile environment.
- Programming and Debugging skills are must have.
- Should have hands on with Jira and test management tools like QC, ALM or QTEST.
- Experience and knowledge of continuous delivery and/or continuous integration.
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written; able to communicate with technical people as well as management and business if required.
- Working experience in Payments or Finance Domain.
- Experience of using GIT.
- Fluent in Java and object-oriented development.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience on non-functional testing such as performance, security and penetration testing is an advantage.
- ISTQB Foundation Certified (Advance level would be a plus).
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Token ID is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.