Senior Test Engineer
- Belfast, UK
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
CyberSource NI is recruiting for a Senior Test Engineer to join their team. As a Senior Test Engineer within CyberSource you will have a role in shaping, refining and delivering the strategic and operational testing strategy for a defined product set.
Operating within a multi-disciplinary agile development team you will:
- Take Ownership for design, implementation, evolution and execution of testing strategy for a highly complex component or application writing complex code/script where appropriate
- Automate that strategy where it makes sense using various languages, test tools or frameworks
- Use your knowledge of testing to influence better software design, promote good engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, security, scalability, reliability and other advanced quality concepts across complex products
- Be an advocate for quality, influencing the team to build quality into the release pipeline while always seeking to increase productivity by choosing the best test approach for each context
- Liaise with other senior technical staff around the globe to explore and suggest innovative strategic and tactical technical solutions to promote the continuous evolution of the testing ecosystem of your product/platform
- Articulate risk and confidence to inform team decision on product release readiness
- Partner with other roles to troubleshoot and resolve issues throughout the life cycle, coordinating others activities as required
- Coach and mentor other test engineers
As part of an energetic QA Community within Cybersource you will:
- Be an active participant in fostering a learning culture throughout the organisation through active dissemination of knowledge, coaching, mentoring and inspiring other members of the TE team
- Stay up to date with the software test industry and be able to bring new innovative ideas to the test team
- Play a part in TE recruitment
- Build relationships locally and globally with other testers using a collaborative approach to solve difficult problems
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering related field or equivalent years of experience
- Strong background in software testing and proven experience using a multitude of test techniques including functional and non-functional
- A technologist – happy and confident writing code/script to test applications or build test frameworks across different technologies
- Ability to understand systems from all levels: from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low level technical view and explain it to others
- Experience in working in a cross functional organisation with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrable Linux, Unix Skills
- Experience in web-related technologies such as Web Services in REST, SOAP, JSON, and XML.
We are the CyberSource team at Visa, and we are client obsessed, enjoy delivering great tech and exceeding client expectations. Do you? Perfect. Let’s start a conversation and see where you fit. Yes, we have job descriptions but we’ll start casual. We want you to make CyberSource & Visa your home. So, let’s grab some virtual coffee and chat.
CyberSource is an equal opportunities employer. We are strongly committed to equal opportunity and strive to align fully with equal employment laws, ordinances and regulations for all applicants and employees. A place where everyone is accepted everywhere. That is our vision, and our passion. We believe that when each of us are empowered to discover our true potential, what we can do together is limitless.