Head of Marketing, Korea & Mongolia
- Seoul, South Korea
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of innovators who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Head of Marketing for our business in Korea & Mongolia is accountable for the strategic management of the Brand, solutions and client marketing activities within Korea and Mongolia.
You will work as a key member of the Korea Leadership Team to accelerate business growth, with a P&L mindset focused on optimizing team performance and marketing investment. You will drive customer centricity within the organisation by understanding the evolving payment ecosystem and changing consumer needs.
Brand, Solutions & Campaign Management
Locally develop or adapt marketing strategies for the Visa brand, products and capabilities building innovative and highly effective marketing programs to drive revenue, adoption of new solutions by clients and consumers, and increased brand vitality.
- Be a key member of the Asia-Pacific Marketing leadership team and local Korea business leadership team
- Implement evidence-based strategic marketing plans for Korea & Mongolia to achieve key business metrics based on country and regional priorities
- Lead the local marketing team to execute marketing plans, working collaboratively across functions and geographies
- Work in close partnership with the Asia-Pacific functional marketing leadership team and the AP regional hub team to share best practices for future-proofing the Visa brand
- Continue to evolve digital adoption and usage, building team capability and seeking opportunities to co-create with agencies, internal stakeholders and external partners
- Lead the marketing data and analytics strategy including customer insight management, client/partners data federation, implementation of a data management platform and marketing return on investment analysis
- Consult and liaise with clients on integrating client requirements into creative development and execution
- Management responsibility for Korea media and creative agencies
- Management responsibility for Korea relationships with key social platform partners including Facebook, Google, Twitter, Kakao and Instagram
- Manage the sponsorship portfolio including Korea implementation of global platforms including FIFA & Olympics and local partnerships. Prepare and negotiate contracts for approval by the regional head of Marketing. Evaluate effectiveness and communicate outcomes, learnings and best practice.
- Effectively evolve and manage a team that grows and guides Visa marketing in the Korea and Mongolia markets with digital and social at the core.
- Manage, forecasting and financial reporting
- Drive excellence in project management
Display Visa values and behaviours in interactions with all internal and external stakeholders. Drive Visa’s Korea Inclusion and Diversity agenda, aligned with our global and regional teams.
- Work extensively with Head of Client Relationship Management, Head of Merchant Sales and Solutions and Head of Product to define individual client business objectives and priorities in order to develop and deliver insightful and impactful marketing strategies as part of the Visa 360 offering.
- Work extensively with the AP head of Partner Marketing Services and the Visa Consulting leads to drive value-added services to clients
- Establishment of dedicated client marketing team and resources to deepen issuing and merchant client relationships, providing marketing strategy through to activation including optimal use of Visa capabilities and assets
- Provide tailored, marketing strategy and activation input to client RFPs
- Establish a high touch client servicing model aligned with the Korea strategy/operating model and individual client’s needs, including developing agreed client marketing plans, weekly internal client team engagement, and monthly, quarterly and yearly client meetings across marketing teams with all key clients.
Strategy and Segmentation
- Work with internal stakeholders (primarily product, consulting, analytics) to develop a deeper, whole of market understanding of consumer needs across the full consumer lifecycle.
- Provide rich, insightful data and analytical capabilities to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Client Engagement Scores (global and Korea studies) including value of marketing contribution
- Successful management of CMS and VIK monies to deliver maximum ROI
- Marketing campaign Return on Investment (MROI)
- Communication effectiveness measures – social metrics, CPA, effective reach
- Brand Vitality and Key Attribute measures
- Market Share
- Cross Border Volume
- Program delivery on time and on budget
- ROIs of initiatives
- Managing scope of work and completion of Annual Agency Reviews
- Sponsorship awareness per ad tracking: Incremental PV and ROI
- Demonstrate an ROI on initiatives
- Successful audit results
- Annual Employee Engagement survey
- Annual performance reviews, goal setting, high quality, active career development plans for all team members
- One on ones, quarterly career development reviews, ongoing coaching and development
- Vision and passion for our business, with high energy and intelligence
- Futurist outlook and passion for technology innovation.
- 15+ years relevant industry experience with a minimum of 10+ years of experience with related Marketing and Marketing Management roles
- Extensive Marketing/Brand Management and Media experience.
- Confidence and ability to work with senior clients within marketing and executive level across existing and new partners,
- Strategic marketing experience.
- Extensive communication development and execution experience, with a focus on digital and experiential activation.
- Strategic, analytical thinker who consistently challenges the status quo and constructively challenges the team to aim for higher ground; change agent
- Demonstrated capabilities in client engagement at C-level – communication, presence, and thought leadership
- Proven experience in managing interfaces to technology groups and other technical teams in order to translate business needs to deliverables
- Proven experience in managing complex, cross-functional projects across internal and external organizations
- Ability and mindset to work collaboratively across various Visa