Acceptance Sector Lead - Merchant Sales & Acquiring
- Madrid, Spain
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
We are often recruiting for Acceptance Sector Leads to build our existing team. If you think you could support Visa as an Acceptance Sector Lead we want to hear from you! Our team will be in touch with you to initially explore your skills and experience before a live position becomes available. This way, we have already started to consider you, and assessed your suitability, prior to the recruitment process initiating!
What's it all about?
Europe Merchant Sales and Acquiring is a team dedicated to serving the needs of our merchant and acquiring partners. We want our clients to see Visa as a trusted strategic partner that delivers tangible value and is easy to do business with. Our actions are designed to protect and grow payment volume and revenue contributions while creating new ways for cardholders to pay. In Europe, Visa has significant opportunity within sectors which either do not accept electronic payments or where there is significant volume which is not on card today.
The role of Acceptance Sector Lead is to target one or more of these segments and build business plans aiming to increase Visa acceptance across the Europe region. Potential segments include Bill Payments, Insurance, Mobility, Vending, Grocery, Gaming etc... Key to this role will be partnering with local Visa clusters, merchants, acquirers and other aggregators to bring those business plans to market and create new customer purchase journeys. The role will report to the European Head of Acceptance .
Driving new acceptance is a key pillar in Visa’s growth strategy and the the ideal candidate will bring passion for and interest in payments, client-facing skills and presence, and will enjoy working collaboratively across functions creative problem solving, and have an entrepreneurial mindset
What we expect day to day:
- Deliver and inform the Visa Europe Acceptance Strategy: You will input into the development of the European Acceptance strategy to expand Visaacceptance in Europe, ensuring alignment with business and cluster priorities for the segments you are leading:
- Identify and size opportunity for sector propositions that leverage core product capabilities including: Visa Checkout (SRC), Visa Direct, contactless, mobile payments, CLO, Visa Analytics, and CyberSource
- Identify and prioritise clients, third parties and segments for acceptance expansion by assessing revenue opportunity and strategic importance
· Drive revenue generating outcomes: You will drive positive merchant outcomes. Consultatively identifying merchant needs and crafting customized solutions that grow the merchants’ business and increase merchant satisfaction with Visa products/services;
o Ensure investment proposals are developed in accordance with agreed parameters and follow global standards.
o Launch pilots of new and existing sector propositions to test new concepts and use these as a foundation for commercial launches and showcase of Visa capabilities
· Establish strong internal and external partnerships: You will establish strong internal and external partnerships. Establish fluency in Visa solutions.
o Manage Visa clusters and external partners (merchants, aggregators, etc.) to deliver compelling solutions and support their delivery
o Lead and support external discussions around acceptance solutions
o Lead research projects to collate data from multiple sources to inform acceptance strategy and turn data into insights
o Engage with global teams to feedback Regional specific requirements and ensure that acceptance product propositions are attractive to European clients.
What we're after..
· Experience in cards and payments specifically with a track record in developing client relationships and sales partnerships
· Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across functions and geographies in a complex matrix environment
· Be open minded and excited about the future technologies, willing to learn and work in a multi-cultural environment
· Analytical, problem solving and project management skills
· Effective influencing and communication skills to secure buy-in from clients and stakeholders
· A team player who is able to develop strong internal and external relationships ensuring uptake and delivery of Visa solutions
· Educated to Master degree level or equivalent professional experience is desirable
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.