Commercial Account Manager – Insight & Planning
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Commercial Account Manager – Global Client Management we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Our Client Engagement function is responsible for driving sales and development of our signature issuing clients. By building deep partnerships with our clients, opening up access and offering creative solutions, we are at the forefront of protecting and growing Visa's brand and market share.
We're looking for those of you who are inherently driven to succeed and make a difference. We'll equip you with the very best tools and training so that you can deliver the best results.
Continuous self-development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. If you have the burning desire for self-development, working with us will expose you to challenges and opportunities to hone your skills. We'll provide the right environment and a plethora of top-notch professionals to learn with and from.
The Commercial Account Manager – Insight & Planning will be an integral part of the account team responsible for driving sales and development across our client’s global business – across 25+ markets worldwide. Building and supporting the delivery of a deep partnership with our client, maintaining high standards of account management and collaborating cross-functionally within Visa to identify priorities and solutions, plus leading insight, governance and strategic planning processes for the account. You will have a unique opportunity to learn about payments through a global lens, further developing your commercial understanding of the payments business across a range of markets and product lines.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Supporting both our UK account relationship and our global client engagement, you will be core member of the client engagement team for one of our largest global card issuing clients, ensuring our clients are provided appropriate support and excellent service from Visa
- Working as part of a small team of Account Executives, you will build and develop strong relationships with our issuing partner and will be responsible for working with clients directly to identify new and ongoing requirements
- You will leverage analytics and dashboards to assess customer performance, working closely with our Finance team to identify issues, opportunities and underlying drivers, then working with colleagues to identify priorities for action and recommendations
- You will build collaborative relationships with our global sales team cross multiple markets, proactively supporting them to develop a consistent and powerful use of insight and MI within their client conversations
- Supporting the Global Client Director, you will lead development of the global and UK annual account plan, external business reviews, internal account updates and account governance processes, including account reporting
- You will engage with product, finance, contract management, client services, innovation consulting and data analytics among other local and regional partners to ensure client needs are understood and solutions are developed
- You will contribute to the annual business and account plans for your client, liaising with your counterparts in relation to the product or portfolio
- You will become an expert in our reporting and MI tools and platforms
- You will support the management of our contractual agreement with our global client, and will be a key contributor to any strategic sales activity or RfP responses
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you don’t have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences which would transfer well.
For this role the key skills required are...
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for financial services, and in particular payments
- Experience in key account management role in financial services, payment card, software or information services
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive and collaborative working relationships with staff and management at all levels, both internally and externally
- Adeptness at P&L review, performance metrics and account planning
- Commercial understanding and the aptitude to identify opportunities and proactively propose solutions, developing actionable insight based on data analysis
- Strong financial and analytical aptitude with the ability to assess performance vs budget and benchmarks, causal factors, capture insights and apply to business solutions
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Strategic thinking and strategic planning
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- English (professional working proficiency)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.