Program Manager - Product Enablement & Commercialization (Mobile Applications)
- Denver, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Digital Product Enablement team is seeking an outstanding Senior Program Manager candidate with the vision, passion and commitment to deliver on Visa's overall digital enablement strategy in support of the Visa Digital Commerce App (VDCA).
The Senior Program Manager position is an individual contributor role that will report to the lead Senior Director for Digital Product Enablement & Commercialization who is responsible for product delivery and client readiness and support. The Senior Program Manager will be a critical member of the team responsible for enabling turnkey, digital solutions specifically focusing on Visa's U.S. and Global issuer's, group service providers, and third party processor relationships. This position will be responsible for the program and release management, business analyst, release management, and commercialization requirements associated with key product initiatives. This position involves working with cross-functional stakeholder teams both internally and externally to prioritize, define and drive quality deliverables.
This person will serve as the primary liaison between the Technology, Product Management, and Client Services organizations within Visa. They will manage, from inception through commercialization, assigned business programs. This position will be responsible for the oversight of prioritization of deliverables, end-to-end release management communication, and product documentation for internal and external consumption not limited to service descriptions, implementation guides, process flows, and other product related deliverables as required. This person will be required to develop and maintain detailed project plans, manage and resolve risks and issues, and work closely with their Technology counterparts to ensure on-time delivery with high quality, and accuracy for each assigned deliverable.
The ideal candidate must possess a unique blend of leadership, critical thinking, problem solving, and product implementation and readiness skills, as well as have a strong understanding of business, technical and operational aspects of product management and development. The candidate must be able to work independently, with minimal day-to-day guidance, and be adept at collaborating with internal and external team members to remove barriers and identify creative solutions when issues arise. Additionally, industry-leading experience in the areas of project management, program management, digital enablement, card processing, and payment network processing is highly desirable.
Responsibilities will include:
- Works on assignments of diverse scope and complexity where initiative and independent judgment are required to identify a correct course of action within the context of broad goals and long-term objectives. Work involves multiple domains within Visa.
- Responsible for overseeing and driving the end-to-end delivery of assigned deliverables managing tasks from ideation through commercialization.
- Represent Product Management with Technology and Client facing organizations to ensure Product defined requirements are met and delivered successfully.
- Skilled at influencing at all levels without direct authority to achieve necessary goals.
- Ensure solutions meet Global and Domestic issuer, group service provider, and processor requirements.
- Must be able to understand, communicate, and represent detailed business requirements related to the Visa Digital Commerce App to ensure successful delivery.
- Identify and manage dependencies across the Digital Mobile portfolio.
- Identifies, owns and drives collaboration and roll-out of new processes and improvement to existing processes.
- Create and maintain Business Features, and Use Case prioritization listing.
- Responsible for various artifacts including, but not limited to process flows, use cases, traceability matrices, status reports and various analysis documents to help in clarifying issues and options for the stakeholders and decision makers as needed.
- Ensures deliverables are in alignment with corporate and department goals.
- Interact with clients as needed to review product features, roadmaps, marketing materials and other plans to promote growth and increase revenue.
- Ownership and responsibility for assigned deliverables including Production Release and other Product required documentation.
- Prioritization and tracking of overall technology deliverables by working closely with the Technology Project Manager.
- Monitor, track and report on the successful launch of product deliverables. Includes understanding across all card types: prepaid, credit, and debit.
- Responsible for the creation of all release documentation as it’s received, and communicating to key stakeholders accordingly.
- Collaboration with Technology to drive technical requirements, product testing, and optimized solutions that provide issuers with a highly configurable, on behalf of, digital solution with enhanced flexibility in creating and enhancing their customer experience.
- Represent Product with account executives, account managers, and clients to drive pilot programs, in-market tests and new product launches.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Strong contributor with experience in project/program management, digital/mobile, processing, payment, product management/product development disciplines with proven collaboration capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of successfully managing multiple and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex project plans, including identifying detailed scope, schedule, assumptions, trade-offs, risks, financial impact, and investment opportunity.
- Ability to delegate project tasks and monitor multiple sub-projects assignments.
- Skilled at influencing without direct authority to achieve necessary goals.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate business and technical issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed.
- Able to manage conflict well both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional presence to build credibility at executive levels within Visa and with clients.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor delivery of complex topics to various audience levels.
- Experience in managing product development in both a waterfall and agile environment.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Location: Denver, CO - (Austin will be considered) Relocation assistance will not be offered for this opportunity.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours as well as global, virtual meetings that may be outside of core business hours.
Travel: Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25% Domestic
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEOC: Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.