Staff Software Engineer - Payment Systems Risk
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Payments are a very exciting and fast-developing area with a lot of new and innovative ideas coming to market. With strong demand for new solutions in this space, it promises to be an exciting area of innovation for the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is a strong leader in the payment industry, and is rapidly transitioning into a technology company with significant investments in this area.
If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast and make big impacts, VISA Payment Systems Risk group is an ideal place for you!
The Payment Systems Risk development group is responsible for building critical risk and fraud prevention applications and services at VISA. This includes idea generation, architecture, design, development, and testing of products, applications, and services that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be one of the leaders of the PSR development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. Sometimes you will be designing brand-new software solutions, and at other times you may be refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our customers. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills and extensive user interface design and development experience. The candidate will be extensively involved in leading hands-on software engineering activities including POCs, architecture, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team’s needs. You will also help mentor and guide junior team members.
- Collaborate with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure development and implementation of new data driven business solutions.
- Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements, conform to the architectural vision, and comply with all applicable standards. Responsibilities span all phases of solution development including:
- Engagement in requirements definition and clarification in collaboration with Business to ensure completeness and common understanding; deep understanding of the business needs is important.
- Create design documentation
- Facilitating design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Work with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build automation, test automation, and deployment automation.
- Collaborate with senior technical staff and PM to identify, document, plan contingency, track and manage risks and issues until all are resolved
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
6 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 4 years of work experience with an Advanced degree
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in Object Oriented software development building scalable, robust, and high-performance applications and services
- Experience with creating data driven business solutions and solving data problems using a wide variety of technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, MongoDB, NoSQL, as well as traditional data technologies like RDBMS, SQL Server a plus
- Experienced in test-driven development and test automation. Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Test tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, Selenium, Chef desirable.
- Expert knowledge and expertise in UI/UX design and development desirable
- Experience with Agile and Test Driven Development methodology
- Experience with creating highly scalable, highly available systems.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving ability.
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.