Research Engineer - Visa Research
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Research is a newly created research organization as part of the company's effort on expanding its technology research capabilities globally.
Visa Research conducts both applied and fundamental research. It engages with the company's technology and product teams, business partners, academics, and governments, to explore and develop technologies that are critical to the payments industry in the future.
As a Research Engineer at Visa, you will work with a team to conduct world-class research on fundamental technology challenges in machine learning/deep learning and contribute to the long-term research agenda in the future of payments, as well as deliver innovative technologies and insights to Visa's strategic products and business.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to make key contributions to Visa's strategic vision as a world-leading data-driven company. The successful candidate must have strong academic track record and demonstrate excellent system skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and excellent collaboration skills.
- Design and implement efficient and scalable machine learning systems
- Develop proof-of-concept prototype with fast iteration and experimentation
- Improving research efficiency and streamlining research to production
- Develop and maintain design documentation, test cases, and performance evaluation
- Works within an agile engineering methodology and collaborative team development architecture
- 4 years of work experience with a Master's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field
- 8 years of work experience with a Master’s Degree or at least 4 years of work experience with an PhD's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field
- Strong skills in deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience building large scale machine learning systems
- Ability to communicate and work within a team
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.