Operations Manager - Token ID - Level 5
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
Token ID is a Visa company.
What's it all about?
Token ID, a Visa solution, has payments related, PCI DSS compliant deployments on AWS and VISA Data Centres (DC). This role is about the operation of those deployments and meeting service level objectives in those environments. Token ID is working with Managed Service Providers (MSP) for AWS deployments and Operation and Infrastructure (O&I) teams for VISA DC deployments. This role is for bridging that external MSP and O&I teams with internal Token ID teams like DevOps, Development, QA, (Technical) Project Management, and Product Management in order to meet customer requirements, keeping the environments compliant and meeting service level objectives.
The Operations Manager is part of the Payments Product Group and reports to the Director of Engineering. The role has no direct reports yet but might have in the future.
What we expect of you, day-to-day.
- Understanding of customer topology and potential workaround scenarios to mitigate client impact
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the incident management process to ensure that all communications are timely and accurate, as per the documented process
- Liaise with L2 and L3 support groups and/or DevOps and development groups to collaborate on the resolution of incidents
- Support project schedules and changes
- Incident bridge stewardship in support of timely resolution of internal issues
- Use various monitoring and analytical tools to proactively and reactively detect and resolve issues
- Provide timely escalation during critical situations
- Stay up to date with security news and advise, plan and perform preventive actions to mitigate security risks
- Bridge external AWS MSP and VISA O&I teams with internal Token ID teams like DevOps, Development, QA, (Technical) Project Management and Product Management in order to meet customer requirements, keeping the environments compliant and meeting service level objectives
- Remediate and provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of reported security alerts
- Work with support organizations during incidents and post-mortem reviews
- Ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets a standard of high quality
- Drive continual improvement through strategic and thoughtful solutions with an automation first attitude
- Responsible for delivery of continuously improving operational metrics and service levels
- Develop key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall performance and provide a foundation for continuous improvement
Thinking about careers differently...
For this role the key skills required are...
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems is preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
- Extensive experience in infrastructure/network environments
- Solid understanding for Web Application Firewalls (WAF)
- Advanced process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols.
- Preferred experience: software development build tools (Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc), java application servers (Tomcat, Jboss, IBM WAS, etc), Monitoring tools (Prometheus and Grafana) and Centralized Log Management (Elasticsearch and Kibana)
- Preferred experience on public cloud providers like AWS
- Preferred experience on incident management and response systems like Pagerduty, and silent failure detection systems like Dead Man’s Snitch
- Escalation point for operational issues and outages
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and network environment issues
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view
- Ability to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans
- Team player that will help and support team members, and incidentally perform tasks outside own expertise to get the job done
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- F5 (BIG-IP) WAF experience is a big plus. WAF management experience for other vendors is a plus
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Token ID is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.