Director, Government Engagement
- Toronto, ON, Canada
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Government Engagement (“GE”) team works to advance Visa’s public policy and commercial objectives while mitigating legislative and regulatory risk that could adversely affect the business. We work with many teams across the company to advance policies that expand the Visa network, promote the growth of electronic payments, and drive successful regulatory and legislative outcomes that affect our business.
The Director, Government Engagement performs a central coordinating role for a complex portfolio of federal, provincial and stakeholder issues in support of Visa’s overall business objectives.
To succeed in this role, the Director must possess extraordinary organizational and writing skills, including the ability to develop presentations and briefing memoranda, build and maintain good relationships with stakeholders and government officials, and work-cross functionally with a broad range of internal partners. The ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently, efficiently generate high-quality deliverables, and instill a business improvement culture are critical.
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Government Engagement (Canada), the Director will be responsible for managing team operations, organize and lead internal and external initiatives, represent Visa with government officials and external stakeholders, and will contribute to the development of government engagement strategies, content and collateral. The Director will also be responsible for managing required reporting, budget and compliance needs on behalf of the function.
This role requires a strong business writer, influential and succinct communicator, with a detail oriented mindset. This role will manage multiple complex projects and must demonstrate a flexible and positive attitude. This role requires the ability to work cross-functionally with the business and act as a liaison between the other internal functions including Finance, Legal, Risk, Sales, Product, and Strategy as well as external and global partners. The successful candidate will also have:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 7+ years’ experience in a relevant field, e.g., government, payments, strategic communications, payments, marketing
· Exposure to and/or interest in retail payments, financial services and financial technology
· Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills (English and French) honed through several years of producing high-quality documents and presentations on tight deadlines
· Strong analytical and writing skills
· Collaborative working style, proven track record of consistently productive collaboration with diverse colleagues in a highly-matrixed work environment
Intellectual curiosity, willingness to challenge conventional wisdom, and innovate without losing sight of practical
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.