Senior Vice President, Global Brand Strategy & Planning
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa brand is one of the most powerful brands in the world. We connect consumers, businesses, banks and governments to each other in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, and the brand is a unifying symbol of Visa’s promise to clients, partners, consumers and employees. The brand is known for trust, security and globality and is the trusted engine of commerce that has the ability to uplift everyone, everywhere.
We bring our brand to life in many ways with an increasing array of B2B and B2C audiences. We focus on signature brand messages, encouraging contactless payments, supporting cross-border travel, enabling e:commerce, generating leads for new client solutions, elevating small businesses and supporting our clients’ marketing efforts. We do this by leveraging a network of channels, agencies and through long-standing partnerships with key assets such as the IOC/Olympics, FIFA/World Cup and the National Football League. Our mission is to connect the world to enable individuals, businesses and economies to thrive and our brand is a critical asset to deliver on this aspiration.
The Senior Vice President - Global Brand Strategy and Planning manages a team of 30+ and collaborates closely with a broad set of global internal and external partners that collectively develops and oversees global brand strategies that enable Visa’s global strategic priorities, including a new initiative called Project North Star designed to evolve Visa’s brand for the future.
In doing so, this team, in partnership with regional colleagues and business functions, enables Visa to unlock our vision to be the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone, everywhere.
The position reports to Visa’s EVP/Global Chief Marketing & Communications Officer.
- Position Visa’s global brand to drive impactful outcomes that deliver against our brand, product & client objectives, driving preference for Visa and increasing partner and consumer demand for Visa products.
- Drive Project North Star, evolving Visa’s brand for the future across an increasing array of B2C and B2B audiences. Includes managing a complex implementation plan and creation of a signature global campaign framework.
- Drive Visa’s visual identity, product naming architecture, acquired company brand integration, etc.
- Lead evolution of Card design, both physical and digital, as ways to pay evolve; create pathways to integrate the Visa brand in new form factor expressions, including new Visa payment flows and Internet of Things payment capabilities.
- Directly oversee strategy and execution of point-of-sale branding for physical and digital commerce
- Lead Visa’s global creative agency strategy and relationships, to benefit global and regional delivery
- Oversee Visa’s digital brand identify through Visa.com and other properties
- Enable regional success for revenue-generating client Marketing Services by designing a global growth strategy, and creating an efficient and effective operating environment
- Oversee the function’s governance, operations and planning functions, on behalf of function and CMCO.
- 15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 12 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or a minimum of 10 years of work experience with a PhD
- Significant (15+ years) work experience in brand strategy, planning and marketing in global B2B and/or B2C organizations
- Track record of thought leadership and vision around brand strategy and evolution … balancing vision, creativity and business outcomes
- Track record of delivering measurable outcomes for multinational organizations
- Ability to inspire peak performance of direct teams and internal partners
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams toward common goals. Highly collaborative, a great listener, and able to work across regions and geographies with peers and executive teams to drive action and results.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management/building skills
- Outstanding communication skills across all audiences
- Global mindset; experience working across multiple geographies a plus
- Thirst for ongoing learning and adaptation; curiosity and openness to new ideas and diverse points of view
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and executional level; ideate and directly execute
- Positive outlook, curious, desire to learn and grow and team player.
The role is preferably based in San Francisco Bay Area or New York City with some flexibility for the right candidate.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.