Merchant Sales Account Lead, Strategic Initiatives, UK&I - 12 month FTC (Maternity Cover)
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Merchant Sales Account Lead, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What to expect day to day:
- Manage senior merchant relationships: You will lead the management of merchant-focused strategic initiatives in the UK, focusing on growing ecommerce and international card spend. You will proactively manage the ongoing needs of the merchant and provide guidance to internal teams to ensure the highest quality customer service on all matters ranging from strategic to executional; Have a pro-active, solutions-oriented mindset.
- Driving positive merchant outcomes: You will be driving positive merchant outcomes. Consultatively identifying and prioritising merchant needs and crafting customised solutions that grow the merchants’ business and increase merchant satisfaction with Visa products/services
- Identifying and quantifying merchant investments: You will identify and quantify merchant investments. You will identify merchant investment and partnership opportunities that will jointly benefit merchants and Visa, develop appropriate business cases and forecasts, advocate for funding, track performance/return of invested funds, and use learnings to inform future investments. Gain alignment and merchant buy-in.
- Establishing strong internal partnerships: You will establish strong internal partnerships. Establish fluency in all Visa merchant-facing solutions. Collaboratively define responsibilities for various merchant outcomes with internal partners. Articulate merchant needs and influence product/capability road maps by leveraging merchant feedback, endeavoring to break down silos and work together as “One Visa”. You will continuously ensure a full alignment with other Account Executives in charge of the same client in other Regions, providing guidance, sharing information and trying to find the right balance between Global objectives and local needs.
What we're after..
- A solid and relevant background in sales or business development, including in client relationship management, preferably within a global organisation.
- Sound commercial understanding with the ability to identify opportunities and propose solutions
- Previous experience working with Merchants
- Good working knowledge of payments
- Proven skills in data analysis and strategy and pipeline development
- Excellent written and verbal communication (including creation of presentations)
- Ability to prioritise projects with a key focus on client needs
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented and happy to flex approach to suit business and client needs
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.