Senior Director, Strategy, Business Planning & Ops - NA Merchant
- New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
**Flexible Location** - New York, NY or San Francisco, CA preferred
The NA Merchant team is responsible for driving Visa acceptance and strategic relationships with merchants / partners across the North America region. The NA Merchant Strategy, Planning & Operations team is essential in driving the strategic focus of this team, responsible for enhancing the effectiveness of industry vertical / segment teams and specialized sales / marketing functions, and ensuring the organizations collect resources and focus are aligned with business development priorities and investment opportunities. The team is a central point of contact and coordination between NA Merchant sales teams and NA Operations, global MS&A, HR, Finance, Seller Solutions, and Product organizations.
Senior Director Strategy, Planning & Operations role:
The Senior Director, Strategy, Business Planning & Operations reports to the SVP, Head of NA Merchant and leads the Strategy & BPO team -currently Senior Director and Manager
- Assists to define the overall team and vertical/segment-specific strategies
- Drives strategic focus for the group through setting of goals/KPIs and analyzing performance
- Leads the development of POV on key NA strategic issues, and acts as representative for the group in key global strategic initiatives
- Ensures processes, team communications, etc. are planned and delivered in optimal fashion to drive team cohesion and performance
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support Head of NA Merchant and partner with a broad range of stakeholders in segment, vertical and global teams across all levels to develop and deliver against NA Merchant objectives
- Serve on the NA Merchant leadership team, providing POV on key issues facing the region/function
- Assist in defining the overall strategy for the function
- Lead deep dives/projects on pivotal issues, managing resources from across the verticals where appropriate
- Lead financial/analytical efforts within the NA Merchant Strategy & Business Planning function such as business case development for high-priority projects to business performance reporting, target setting, investments, etc.
- Utilize data and trend analysis to identify new growth opportunities / sales focus for the function
- Identify best practices to be used across region on performance tracking, key topics, deals, etc.
- Represent NA Merchant on key North America strategic initiatives on an ad hoc basis (e.g. XB, CNP/CP convergence, etc.)
- In conjunction with industry vertical leaders and other key functions, develop integrated plans in support of Visa’s revenue growth targets and strategic objectives; develop an effective tracking mechanism that monitors progress towards these targets and objectives
- Support weekly NA Merchant LT, NAMT, QBR performance reviews, and general team meetings including analysis of business performance, development of materials, and insights together with vertical teams
- Coordinate with global MS&A and regional BPO team to represent the team, share/incorporate best practices, and ensure NA Merchant views are given priority
- Build and maintain a consolidated POV of NA Merchant priorities, including potential implications for resource allocation and investment (financial and FTE)
- Manage participation, organization and execution of key internal and external forums throughout year (e.g. VPF, Merchant Partner Summit, Sales Kick-off, etc.)
- Drive effective business planning and operations by promoting broad awareness of Visa’s past and present financial performance relative to forecast; manage AOP and MYP for organization
MS&A Functional Leadership:
- Facilitate and promote teamwork, cross-area and cross-functional collaboration and individuals’ professional development through ensuring maximum leverage of MS&A, regional and corporate HR programs and other mechanisms
- Help represent the function in various internal/external forums through presentation prep/delivery
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience in strategic/business planning, financial analysis and forecasting, business development, strategy and/or pricing – ideally from within a complex management organization
- Broad knowledge of payments industry, its products, services and technologies
- Strong management skills appropriate to a fast-paced business environment and a matrix organization
- Proven ability to build credibility, influence and negotiate across organizations and at the highest levels
- Ability to structure and manage complex strategic, analytical and organizational issues
- Decisive and able to lead change
- Excellent analytical, presentation and communication skills
- Orientation towards rapid decision-making and actionable recommendations
- Knowledge of Visa’s business, people and processes a big plus
- Exceptional collaboration skills
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 30% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.