Senior Product Manager
- Arlington, VA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
The Authentication and Identity Products organization develops solutions and applications to mitigate fraud associated with authentication or identity. Our products help analyze, predict, and manage fraud risk, enabling stakeholders to make more intelligent application, enrollment, load/reload and credit decisions. As a Sr. Product Manager, you will be part of the global team which develops and deploys solutions designed to help mitigate fraud and increase approval rates and brand agnostic solutions.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This Sr. Product Manager position is a hands-on product management role, focused on the delivery of high-value products in an agile, market driven environment. The Sr. Product Manager will work closely with other members of the Authentication & Identity Product team and other internal and external teams and agile project teams to ensure clarity of vision, requirements and objectives for Prepaid Clearinghouse Service (PCS).
PCS is an intelligent risk-decisioning solution that utilizes comprehensive reporting data regarding prepaid accounts to give prepaid issuers control and flexibility to manage risk strategies for enrollment, loads/reloads and provisional credit requests and chargebacks.
We are looking for individuals with a product management and development background to help us aggressively enhance Visa’s product portfolio by identifying and scoping new offerings, enhancing existing offerings, and deliver truly value-added solutions to the marketplace. This individual will work with experts throughout the company to identify and prioritize development of new and existing products, help execute the launch and/or help drive new product commercialization to target levels of adoption and utilization. The role contributes to the product vision and delivery, including managing functional requirements, feature prioritization, product operations, and on-going product management. He/she will also partner with internal groups to evaluate and articulate the value/business proposition of new products and will also train and be highly consultative to Visa’s client facing teams and regional product leads on the best way for clients to take advantage of Visa solution and new products. Openness and experience working across disciplines is important.
- Contribute to the overall product strategy, product roadmap, and business plan. Partner with clients and internal stakeholder throughout the payment ecosystem to develop product strategy and co-create solutions
- Define and map business requirements for existing and new products accordingly. Ensure product vision and requirements are designed with scalability and long-term vision in mind
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate project risks and find ways to accomplish project goals in the context of dynamic business/technical environments
- Provide support to various customer support teams related to our products, this will include product testing, performance monitoring, and analysis to ensure and validate successful product delivery
- Gather data, conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis, and apply sound business judgment to surface opportunities, prioritize them and design enhancements
- Work independently, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization
- Facilitate the sharing of important and relevant business and client information that results in improved decision making and execution.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- 4+ years of project / product management experience
- Experience in consumer payments preferred but not required
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices. Excellent process skills including understanding of change management practices.
- Self-motivated self-starter, identifies and takes initiative to address issues in advance. Results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Strong attention to detail and achieving results, with an emphasis of how work is being accomplished
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, strong verbal and communication skills to effectively partner, influence, negotiate and instill confidence with stakeholders across all functional teams/geographies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc.) for data analysis and creation of reports and presentations.
- Working knowledge of Agile tools such as Confluence Wiki, Tableau, and JIRA strongly preferred
Manage development, implementation and ongoing management of product business growth initiatives, including performance tracking, strategic resource allocation, privacy/disclosure requirements
Create product/business requirements for models/analysis on projects driving strategic decision making, including investment justification and prioritization
Complete pricing and economic analysis for Visa clients or partners through retrospective studies, cost and benefit assessments
Create, communicate and influence support for recommendations among business leaders across the organization
Engage broadly across product teams and functions such as predictive analytics, finance, marketing to understand drivers of performance and collaborate on business optimization
Support urgent client / executive requests, including analysis, strategic framing and product evaluation
Identify, structure, and manage complex issues to quickly arrive at recommendations that drive product priorities and demonstrate results to leadership
Superior problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
Creative thinker, solutions and results-oriented, customer focused, and excellent analytical discipline
Strong analysis skills, including mastery of relevant tools like Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, etc.
Highly developed interpersonal skills demonstrated through past experience developing and growing internal, external and cross functional relationships
Ability to complete the analysis, craft the message and materials, then deliver well thought-out recommendations to Product Leadership
Strong attention to detail and process management
Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with strong presentation skills, including oral and written capabilities
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. Incumbent must make themselves available for meetings with clients and Visa regional teams early morning and evenings occasionally as needed
This position may require the incumbent to travel for work up to 10% of the time. Occasional commute to other Visa offices or vendor locations may be required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.