Staff UI Engineer – Payments Systems Risk
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a Sr UI Engineer to join our product development team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. All of our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every UX decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths, and values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project.
One of the main functions of this role is to help design, architect, and build out our next generation of UI applications. UI Engineer will be responsible for the client side frameworks, architecture, technologies, workflows, UI design and usability of UI applications. In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, software engineers and product owners to build pixel perfect layouts, user interface components, and single page applications for a variety of websites and applications. You will work on a very agile team and be expected to context shift quickly between projects
- Help build a reactive universal app employing technologies such as ReactJS and Redux
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering and introduce them into projects when appropriate
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices
- Design and build proof-of-concepts on next generation UI applications
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a small team of developers on various work streams and guide them on development tasks, perform code reviews and ensure design and coding are adhering to architectural standards
- BS/MS in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 6-8 years of experience in UI development
- Extensive experience in design & development of web applications using Angular (Required)
- Must be passionate about UI development and a career path in this stream
- Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services (Required)
- Experience with Node.js, functional reactive programming, and FLUX architecture (Required)
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills (Required)
- Experience with solving AJAX bottlenecks and performance
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.