Sr. Software Engineer (Full Stack) – Payments Systems Risk
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
To ensure that Visa’s payment technology is truly available to everyone, everywhere requires the success of our key bank or merchant partners and internal business units. The Global Data Science group supports these partners by using our extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 3 billion cards globally and captures more than 100 billion transactions in a single year.
The Payment Systems Risk team within Visa Data Product is responsible for building critical risk and fraud prevention applications and services at VISA. This includes idea generation, architecture, design, development, and testing of products, applications, and services that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate risk for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
Are you skilled at turning hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights? Do you solve complex data challenges with creative flair? Put those skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the world's most respected and innovative payments companies.
- Design and develop critical systems with high-availability and high performance.
- Design, code and integrate n-tier applications with different application components
- Responsible for design and development of different products utilizing Visa's huge data.
- Interested in Innovation and ideation. Contribute to development of new products by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and exceeds expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Work in Agile/Scrum teams and follow the guidelines.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Collaborate with global and virtual teams on software development.
Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to products, standards, best practices and development methodologies
- 5+ years of relevant experience with software design, architecture and development life cycle.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Full Stack Software Development experience in large scale mission critical applications.
- Mandatory experience with n-tier web application development and experience in Java/J2EE or other frameworks.
- Solid experience in frameworks like Spring or Spring Boot, Sprint MVC, JPA, Hibernate.
- Expertise with RDBMS systems like SQL Server, Oracle or DB2.
- Proficient in Web Services/API Development using SOAP or REST, JSON and XML.
- Proficient in GIT/Stash, Maven, Jenkins etc.
- Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness.
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions
- Leading a module/team or mentoring experience will be a plus.
- Excellent presentation, collaboration and communication skills required.
Experience being part of an Agile/Scrum team and following processes
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.