Senior Staff Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Staff Developer, you will be part of Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) Product Development (PD) Group within the Visa Technology Organization to help design, enhance and build solutions across payment acceptance, payment security, payment analytics and fraud management for marquee and strategic accounts worldwide. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will lead teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API, Container based services to highly functional, secure, scalable and resilient real time and batching systems. You must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, have the ability to work in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment, and be able to prioritize multiple demands. You will be responsible for creating and implementing best practices, finding areas of improvements, and coordinating multiple work streams.
- Responsibilities include the creation of conceptual approach, technical analysis, design, development, unit testing, deploy and support activities
- Collaborate with business partners on requirements elaboration, workflow design, configuration, and business re-engineering.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to implement final requirements
- Able to work on multiple projects and initiatives with different/competing timelines and demands.
- Collaborate with product vendors and systems integrators on delivery of solutions. Work with delivery partners to review and finalize technical specifications, code review, version management, and implementation related activities.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels.
- Collaborate across global businesses and technology organizations, providing sound business analysis, process, and change leadership.
- Design and develop page layouts, screens, and views, workflows and reports around the customer needs for an interface.
- Should also be very proficient with creating and troubleshooting API related tasks
- Guiding projects along through daily communications with the customer or project manager
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 12-15 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience with analytic techniques including process modeling, requirements elaboration, data modeling, and business use case and user interface prototyping
- Experience with translating business requirements into technical designs
- Highly proficient with Continuous Integration / Delivery framework (CI/CD), release and change management, Sprint based agile delivery
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographical locations and time zones
- Experience with Payment and/or Credit Card processing considered a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.