Content Strategy Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers. You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking an experienced a passionate storyteller, strategic thinker and skilled communicator with exceptional design, creative, and writing skills. The ideal candidate is a team player, problem solver, and idea generator with a firm understanding of what content performs. The role will sit in the Cybersource division of Visa, a global payments management platform.
The Manager of Content Strategy will support key marketing partners as part of a cross-functional in-house strategic communications, brand and operations team. This role will change the way marketing supports the business in a creative transformational year. This person should be willing to smartly challenge the status quo in order to get to a net end goal of a fresh, interesting, and modern content, supporting all levels of a customer journey. Our creative should be bold, relevant, and cut through the noise in today’s world of content and creative inundation.
This is a particularly interesting opportunity for the most talented and curious individual who is excited by getting to be a part of a year where a completely refreshed, modernized brand identity, messaging platform, and campaign content construct is launching along with a serious thought leadership game. We are not interested in doing things the way they have always been done. Cybersource is focused on innovation and creativity, and we only want innovative minds and A+ players.
This global role will support product, field and partner marketing, and the global/centralized functions (Brand & Digital, Reputation & Awareness, Marketing Operations). You will roll up your sleeves and get right to work setting our content and campaign strategy and changing the way we engage with our customers and partners through content. It will not be boring, we promise. You’ll have the ability to be part of something interesting where you will see your direct impact rather than being just another cog in the wheel.
This role reports to the Director, Analyst Relations for Cybersource.
This position will be responsible for:
- Developing and overseeing content strategy understanding how to connect our content strategy back to our business objectives
- Leading a cross-functional team with a new process to successfully manage content creation according to a set strategy
- Working across functions and levels – from individual contributors to key executives – to ensure comprehensive inputs to strategic content planning
- Managing a global content and editorial calendar to ensure alignment, holding team to deadlines.
- Executing our voice – no overly corporate jargon, stuffy business tone here. Will make it direct, conversational, engaging, and have a little swagger.
- This is a global support role – working with EMEA, AP, LAC and NA markets
- Working across mediums and incorporating and educating on best practices (social, SEO, blog, white papers, and infographics, narrative, etc.)
- Ensuring quality, clarity, consistency and alignment to Visa’s business and reputational goals for all content.
- Being hands-on and whipping up some amazing content. You’ll also partner with agencies to make sure they’re doing the same.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Includes analytics in how they make decisions. Knows what to look for and how to explain the results and the “so what” to stakeholders.
- Can look at it from a journalistic approach to grab attention and get our target audience to click, read, and follow.
- Exceptional writer who can do long-form stories and quick bites.
- Identify critical issues, and set the editorial agendas accordingly, which includes monitoring trends and consulting.
- Is into the details; doesn’t miss a beat with changing asks and balancing multiple projects
- Has the ability to solve problems using keen instincts and organizational experience
- Self-motivated, self-managed. Gets stuff done – on time, on budget
- Can use AP but also loves an Oxford comma.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
Primary focus of your work has been in content strategy, journalism, brand, or communications, in a fast moving environment. Deeply understands how to craft a narrative.
- You are a results-oriented professional with 5+ years of proven experience in digital storytelling. Demonstrated experience managing and executing corporate content programs
- You have a strong track record of creating, managing and re-purposing content for a variety of digital platforms
- You have the ability to build and nurture cross-functional relationships and foster partnerships; high degree of professionalism, courtesy and respect
- You have proven experience managing programs and vendors to deliver efficient output and results
- You have project management expertise; proven ability to manage budgets, timelines and internal and external resources
- You have the ability to distill and tailor complex information for key audiences
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and manage multiple projects, often on short deadlines and under pressure
- You have knowledge and understanding of SEO and Analytics, though will not be directly managing those aspects
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 20% of the time.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Portfolio should highlight variety of work across mediums.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.