As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Identify Cybersecurity threats and perform analysis of reported anomalies on Visa networks and systems.
- Monitor information security alerts though the use of a Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) to triage, mitigate, and escalate issues as needed while capturing essential details and artifacts.
- Mitigate and contain identified threats using approved methodologies when detected. Initiate incident response processes and escalation procedures as defined in operational plans.
- Utilize sensor data and correlated logs containing IDS/IPS, AV, Windows events, web proxy, and similar data to establish context and to rule-out false positives.
- Operationalize actionable Threat Intelligence reports from Internal and external sources.
- Coordinate the initial workflow and response for varying case types with internal and external teams.
- Collaborate with operational support staff to ensure they are actively engaged in potential security threats and concerns.
- This position is staffed in shifts supporting a 24x7x365 global security operations center. Analysts work a series of 12-hour shifts (followed by days off). Staff assigned to the operations center are considered critical and may need to cover holidays and weekends, if scheduled.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience supporting technical or support operations. Previous Security Operations Center experience is strongly desired.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Experience in operating and administrating Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms.
- Possess functional knowledge and administrative experience on Windows and Unix/Linux Platforms.
- A solid foundational understanding of TCP/IP and networks to include firewalls, routers, and network packet analysis.
- A solid understanding of web application security risks and countermeasures.
- Strong working knowledge of malware in its varying forms, common delivery mechanisms, and common mitigation steps.
- Ability to convey security concepts related cybersecurity events to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with IDS/IPS, Splunk, FireEye, Wireshark and similar technologies is desired.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or a professional certification (e.g. CISSP, GCIH) is preferred, but is not required.