Senior Staff Software Engineer - TPI
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of Merchant & Acquirer Processing business function to help design, enhance and build end to end solutions for our customers in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be part of teams tasked with multiple projects building full stack development of real-time infrastructure services, REST services API and container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge Visa’s customer base.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
We expect our Senior Staff Engineers to do much more than just writing code,
- Help our client to achieve their real goals by understanding the requirements and how it would
help them in their business.
- Use technologies including Java8, Spring, Reactive, REST, NoSQL and more.
- Excellent problem solving skills & thorough understanding of Data Structures & Algorithms.
- Leverage newer technologies and develop solutions to build next generation of Payment solutions.
- Lead efforts to architect, design and implement various aspects of our global transaction processing systems.
- Lead and provide technical mentoring to a team of talented engineers.
- Comfortable in leading meeting and discussions with non-technical teams.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills and team player.
Technical Expertise Requirements:
- Very thorough understanding of Container based architecture for Cloud such as Docker
- Should have experience in building and establishing elastic scalability architectural patterns for web applications, including omni-channel applications
- Sound experience and understanding of Micro services oriented architecture
- Strong understanding and working experience in Distributed Web Architecture – should have experience with Service registry, container architecture, distributed caching, streaming apps, NoSQL and RDBMS, reactive programming frameworks etc.
- Sound understanding of Service and IT operations management, and DevOps model, good knowledge of Deployment, Capacity Planning
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Integration using web services, REST
- Understand the Security requirements and standards, and contemporary trends in Security risks as well as technologies
Nice to Have:
- Domain experience in Payment technologies
- Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent with at least 12-15+ years of product development experience
- Experience in commercial software development on Unix/Linux environment.
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role
- Hands-on understanding of architecture and operations of highly available and scalable web services.
- Experience with agile development process
- Desired experience in instrumenting web applications for performance benchmarking.
- Please note to include your relevant GPA when submitting your resume