Senior Analyst, Privacy Oversight
- Foster City, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa is seeking a Senior Analyst to support our Privacy Risk Oversight function. The individual will evaluate Visa’s global Privacy program and provide oversight to ensure the Privacy program meets internal standards, regulatory requirements, and applies industry best practices to the program. The candidate will work closely with the program office to provide input and expertise to drive a best in class Privacy program. The candidate will perform periodic testing, monitoring and validation of business controls for compliance with applicable Privacy laws and regulations. The position reports to the Director of Privacy Oversight.
- Participate in executing complex privacy and data protection risk assessments and testing to validate the design and operating effectiveness of controls are working as intended
- Execute testing strategies, work plans, and test steps with manager and various business stakeholders
- Identify and document issues, provide recommendations for control enhancements, and follow-up as necessary to ensure proper resolution
- Provide effective challenge to business developed remediation action plans
- Coordinate assessment and testing activities with various business stakeholders who are integral to the operational process of the Privacy Program
- Prepare management reports and related test results dashboards for business line management, the Chief Privacy Officer, Program Owners, the Chief Risk Officer, and the Chief Compliance Officer
- Maintain, validate, and update key reference tools for the program
- Stay abreast of laws and regulations related to Privacy
- Assist in consulting with the business to develop corrective action plans
- Serve as subject-matter-expert (SME) on Privacy risks, regulations, and controls (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA).
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems, or Privacy/Data Protection related field
- CIPM, CIPP, CISA, CIA, CPA preferred
- 8 years of Privacy, Compliance, and/or Audit experience, preferably with big 4 or other large financial institutions, fintech, consulting firm, or government agency; privacy risk assessment and testing experience preferred
- Must have excellent data analysis skills and demonstrated experience in assessing, testing, validation, Quality Assurance
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills (ability to translate complex information into comprehensive and concise test results and recommendations)
- Self-motivated team player
- Must be detailed oriented, have strong organizational skills and solid problem solving abilities
- Exhibit strong planning, organizational skills
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity and require significant initiative and judgment
- Strong Excel, Power Point, Word skills, and Visio
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma or other process improvement techniques
- Knowledge of information systems, IT, and privacy controls
- Understanding of privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, HIPAA)
At Visa, everyone is a leader. We have a core set of principles that we share amongst our employees. These Leadership Principles apply to everyone at Visa, regardless of role, title, level, function or location. The successful candidate will possess the ability to lead by example, communicate openly, enable and inspire, excel with partners, act decisively, and collaborate.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Location: Foster City. Relocation assistance will not be offered