Director, Cybersource Pricing
- Lehi, UT, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director of Cybersource pricing is responsible for capturing and analyzing competitor pricing, matched with market expectations, to determine the ideal target price for the payments, fraud and other value added products in the business line. Responsible for developing effective and efficient standards and pricing systems, which are based on consideration of strategy, value, competition and profit/margin. Duties include providing a thorough analytical breakdown of pricing structures and sales funnels, and identifying specific strategies used in pricing models to generate growth and enable teams to hit sales targets.
The Director will create pricing tools that are used throughout the organization to assess proper pricing targets and impacts, including customer-facing tools that can help external facing teams negotiate deals. She/he will also be responsible for creating and maintaining a win/loss pricing database to compile all pricing insights in a single repository to create a competitive intelligence function and to track market shifts over longer periods.
This role will compile insights and create reports to evaluate findings and propose results to the leadership team and selling organization. She/he will work closely with team members in finance and commercial operations to ensure that strategies are effective and meeting desired impact enabling the team to hit KPI targets. The director will act as a mentor to more junior team members, supporting their project and analysis work.
This role reports to the VP- Pricing Strategy.
- Must be able to work with complex data sets to help the business determine and set competitive prices to gain market share and achieve revenue goals. This is a highly analytical role that requires consideration of multiple data sources and the ability to synthesize input to create logical and market competitive outcomes.
- Optimize pricing to simplify sales motion
- Set global and regional product pricing, ensuring clarity across offerings for sales and product leaders
- Synthesize data and research to drive pricing and packaging decisions for new products and price changes
- Engage and support sales and customer success teams on pricing tests
- Advise on structure and pricing for large, strategic deals
- Maintain price curves and have deep understanding of existing and future price structures
- Partner with tech partners to track and optimize partner referral commission structure
- Collaborate with marketing on value messaging and programs
- Define pricing KPIs and measure the effectiveness of pricing changes to enable continuous improvement
- Responsible for reporting on trends, risks and opportunities through data analytics, insights, and competitive intelligence
- Experience working in a global matrix organization with the ability to navigate complex structures and empower decision-making locally
- Experience supporting a B2B selling environment
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- At least 12-15 years of experience, including experience in a P&L support function in a global, multi-channel sales environment with $1B+ in revenue
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives and facilitating collaboration across Product, Sales, Marketing, and Strategy organizations
- Pragmatic mindset with intense focus on execution against client needs, articulation of value proposition and concrete market facing focus
- Financial acumen—ability to utilize sophisticated financial analyses to evaluate business opportunities and make strategic choices
- Must be results-oriented, and able to handle multiple urgent tasks and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Has working knowledge around political, regulatory and business environments across different global regions
- Very comfortable receiving and giving feedback in a constructive manner
Position Location: Austin, TX, Lehi, UT preferred
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time both domestically and internationally.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.