Senior Technical Product/Program Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
- As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The desired candidate will work in the Compliance Technology Operations team under Global Compliance Organization. This team is in the center of all technology development, Compliance requirements and new product enablement. As a product manager, you are the liason and strong link between many teams in Visa, bridging the technology, product and Compliance teams. The main functions will center around driving new integrations with new businesses, developing features for our current platform and ensuring first and foremost that Compliance Sanctions requirements are met for new business enablement wanting to push new products to market.
We are looking for a candidate who has a strong work ethic, leadership skills, excellent judgment and good time management in prioritizing work, and the ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment. They need to gain a solid understanding of the payment industry, Compliance requirements and leverage this knowledge to develop solid requirements to build new features. This group supports multiple products and verticals across Visa. Strong collaboration, leadership and relationships are needed to build partnerships with engineering, OPS, Product, Compliance and other teams across Visa.
The product manager team is responsible for defining the next generation of Compliance sanctions application.
The ideal candidate will have a good technical background in Java, databases and large scale platforms. The person is a thought leader and familiar with the up to date development of the industry in these areas, have exceptional organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, be an analytical and structured thinker as well as with significant experience in customer/partner interaction, management and software solution delivery.
- Deeply understand the needs of Global Compliance sanctions and the end to end payments processing flows, especially when it impacts sanctions requirements. Drive requirements and strategy to meet CTO deliverables and duties for Global Compliance.
- Key contributor to help drive the strategy and feature development for our Sanctions tools and serving business needs for the entire company
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals to expand our product
- Define the Global Compliance sanctions product roadmap by partnering with leaders in Compliance and Technology and keep it up to date while the needs from the company evolves, the industry evolves, and our development makes progress
- Define products and services including the scope and prioritization of features of Global Compliance in an agile way while the needs and development evolve. Influence product and technology strategy and direction, and product/user experience
- Define success metrics and SLAs on the key products and services
- Work closely with business analysts, and engineers to facilitate and guide the product development process
- Work with operation and engineering teams to develop and roll out new features and integrations
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing and ensure requirements were understood and implemented as requested
- Closely interact and partner with business and technology teams globally
- Be the Product SME for Compliance and business stakeholders. Be an advocate for Global Compliance with focus on achieving results.
- Understands Visa Compliance strategies, functions, requirements and processes to best represent Visa sanctions needs
- Work with business to understand and document their requirements/business use cases
- Drives and documents functional business requirements and change management for new features
- Validation of new features, ensuring they meet Compliance requirements
- Drives program leveraging 6 sigma
- Manages and documents incoming new projects working closely with Global Compliance
- CTO Point of contact for all new clients/projects from scoping to Go Live
- Drive internal program within CTO
- Collaborate and lead programs across multiple teams in Visa
- At least 7 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering field
- Experience in developing product specifications for at least 4 year
- Masters with at least 5 years of work experience respectively.
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office such as powerpoint, xl and word and MSteams, Jira, Agile methodologies, Rally
- Experience with Compliance systems and strong analytical skills
- Willingness to work with teams across different zones to meet deliverables
- The ability to prioritize critical tasks and coordinate with staff to accomplish them under duress.
- Strong product management experience on a large production line
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with partners at all levels
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, including C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills
- Solid understanding of business
- Fast learner on both technical side and business side
- Strong customer centric mindset
- More than comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Proactive sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- Varies upon the needs of the department
- This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.