UI Engineering Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As the UI/UX Engineering Manager you will lead the UI/UX Platform development team as it grows to deliver a the toolkit for developing and delivering UX for Cybersource’s Enterprise applications.
- Lead the Core UI development team with support and guidance on project specific processes, procedures, tools, training, and techniques
- Be the acting Technical Product Manager for the team; Write and own the UI requirements and user stories for the UI Platform
- Manage a small team of UI Engineers
- Review, analyze designs, modify, develop, test, document, implement, deploy and support software applications within the scheduled timeframe
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with applications systems. Detect, diagnose, and report related problems
- Collaborate with and lead other developers on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
- Review of the product architecture, design, requirements specifications, and test specifications
- Determine and provide estimates for development tasks
- Provide technical assessment of the impact of any changes to product requirements
- Lead the continued improvement of the organization's development procedures by looking for opportunities for improvement and implementing solutions
- Resolution of technical issues in conjunction with team members
- Ensuring that designs, code, and unit tests are consistent, robust, and scalable
- Leads project related meetings
- Actively manage engagements to support overall project goals, budgets and timelines
- Collaborate with technical managers, architects and other technical leads to deliver world class enterprise grade software and software enabled services
- Work very closely with UX design team on UX design, POCs, templates, standards etc.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Mentor engineers on the team and ensure high code quality by performing code reviews, providing guidance, developing standards and managing work allocation within SCRUM Agile project teams ensuring highest productivity
- Mentor/shared knowledge with other teams on technology and process ensuring best practices and continuous improvement
- Architect, Design, Develop, unit test, debug, deploy and support software ensuring end to end software life cycle
- Follow UCD software engineering discipline ensuring delivery of stable, scalable, maintainable and highly available software products and services
- Engage in Continuous improvement ensuring higher quality, productivity and punctual delivery
- Run workshops on technical aspects of products ensuring continuous learning
- Identify and report assessed risks and potential solutions ensuring proactive risk management
- Work with technical team members to overcome and resolve all technical related roadblocks ensuring team risk mediation
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.