Vice President, Global Internal Audit
- Foster City, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Vice President, Global Internal Audit. This role is the Chief Auditor for Visa’s Corporate Functions with global responsibility covering Finance, Risk, Strategy, Legal, HR and Marketing. The position is responsible for developing and executing risk assessments, audits, advisory reviews, managing client engagement, as well as managing regulatory and operation execution. The person will also play a key role in supporting the Visa Inc. Chief Auditor in developing and executing longer term strategies for the function. The ideal candidate will have exceptional leadership and organizational skills including the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with members of the Board. Superior analytical skills and strong business acumen are also critical success factors.
- Leadership of the Corporate Functions audit team (covering global responsibilities for Finance, Risk, Strategy, Legal, HR and Marketing)
- Drive collaborative and proactive relationship with key stakeholders, including global and regional leaders and their management teams.
- Lead development of a multi-year global audit plan that is risk-based, aligned with global business strategies, supports major Visa initiatives and is reflective of leading audit practices.
- Ensure effective governance and risk management processes through development and execution of risk assessments and audit plans.
- Manage regulatory engagement and operations execution.
- Lead key aspects of the Internal Audit strategic plan as well as key initiatives, represent the Internal Audit function on significant cross-functional teams.
- As an integral member of the Audit Leadership Team, provide strategic direction and thought leadership in audit approach and execution.
- Drive delivery of internal audit plan in accordance with established methodology and agreed quality standards while meeting or exceeding key performance indicators
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15+ years in expanding leadership roles with experience building and managing teams with relevant experience in a well-disciplined organization where best practices are integral to the management of the business
- Advanced understanding of audit and risk management within a complex, technology, financial services or regulated business
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, including outstanding ability to summarize complex issues into succinct communications for a wide range of internal and external executive constituents
- Strong experience in project management, and cross-functional collaboration
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with ability to analyze complex business problems and make sound business decisions.
- Strong drive for results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure in a fast-paced, evolving business and risk environment.
- Proactive leader with unquestionable integrity and discretion
- Professional Certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.), MBA
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.