As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Global Tax department comprises a diverse group of over 40 professionals located throughout Visa’s global offices spanning; Foster City, California, London, Miami, Dubai and Singapore. The Global Tax department manages both direct and indirect tax strategy, planning, reform, transfer pricing, controversy and compliance as a US multinational organization.
As part of the Global Tax department, the AP Tax team is responsible for managing and supporting the tax affairs of the Visa entities in Asia Pacific Region. Reporting to the Tax Director – AP, we are now looking for a Tax Analyst to support tax reporting and compliance requirements of Visa entities in Asia Pacific (AP) Region.
What a Tax Analyst does at Visa:
- Assist in US and local tax reporting, including quarterly tax provision, annual tax package reporting and deferred tax
- Assist in managing a broad spectrum of tax compliance for specified entities in the AP Region
- Manage external tax service providers to ensure income tax reporting, compliance, and other services provided are completed within the scope of our agreements
- Support tax audits and examinations by tax authorities for specified entities in the AP Region
- Support tax incentive related compliances and monitoring
- Assist in ad-hoc advisory work
- Assist in managing supplier engagements, including PR/PO administration
Why this is important to Visa
As part of the AP Tax team, the Tax Analyst plays an important role in ensuring that the statutory, reporting and compliance obligations in relation to Visa’s tax matters are adequately met.
Projects you will be a part of:
In light of the digitalization of the tax function, the Tax Analyst will participate in Tax Technology and Transformation projects (e.g. providing recommendations and testing of the tools before actual implementation) and experience how tax processes are transformed and improved with the use of technology.
What you will need:
The successful candidate should have relevant experience and demonstrated success in the following core competencies:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience gained in an in-house multinational tax environment with earlier career from public accounting firms
- Experience with preparation and review of tax returns (preferably both direct and indirect)
- Strong accounting, analytical/analysis and forecasting skills
- Strong systems knowledge (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Oracle, TM1 etc)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Proactive and strong team player
What will also help:
- Prior experience in the technology sector is a plus
- Oracle and Hyperion products knowledge is advantageous