Sr Systems Analyst - PPM Tools
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Located in the Austin-based Shared Service Center, the Senior Systems Analyst works within a global Corporate and PPM Tools team (Foster City, CA and India), and participates in the management of various SaaS and hosted applications, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and initiating corrective actions.
We need you to leverage your hands-on systems & analysis experience to design, build and deliver Technology solutions with successful outcomes. You will be empowered to innovate the future of our Project and Portfolio technology strategy and deliver with excellence. You will build deep partnerships with our business partners and champion proactive new ways technology can help our business partners. You will plug into the team where you work closely with passionate, hardworking leaders wanting to leverage technology to better manage their business.
- Interface with external software vendors for product issue troubleshooting and resolution; initiating Service Requests (SR's) as necessary with other 3rd Party Vendors.
- Adhere to defined support policies, procedures, and service levels with an understanding of SOX related IT controls.
- Provide support to strategic initiatives as assigned including, but not limited to system configuration, testing of applications and process enhancements, upgrades and new solutions, ensuring sound knowledge transfer to assume post-implementation support role.
- Expected to critically evaluate customer service requests and incidents to prioritize own workload, determine potential global and/or cross-modular impacts, determine temporary procedural work-around where feasible, and communicate to the broader group of impacted parties.
- Conduct one-on-one user training or formalized, pre-developed larger group training sessions as assigned.
- Proactively identify, evaluate, and communicate ideas for process improvements and training needs both for applications usage by customers as well as for internal processes and skills enhancement.
- Work with L3 teams (SME) on the critical requests and resolve it to closure.
- Mentoring the junior team members.
- Develop solutions to system technical issues and systems process issues.
- Collaborate with business and information technology (“IT”) stakeholders in problem definition, business case development, solution selection, requirement elaboration, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Develop enhancements and modifications, including unit and integration testing plans and testing scripts; ensuring quality of technical deliverables, and collaborating with the global Quality Assurance team to define quality assurance test scope and approach.
- Collaborate with technical and security architects to evaluate risk and recommend remediation.
- Coordinate penetration testing activities using internal and external service providers.
- Provide root cause analysis for any systems or process issues, ensuring remediation plans are devised, discussed and agreed on, and results are in permanent resolution of issues.
- Clearly explain a relevant technical solution to business partners or staff, including how it is deployed, how it is used by the company, where it fits in the overall IT architecture and systems strategy.
- 5-6 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related technical discipline
- Proven functional knowledge in the Project and Program Management and Agile management
- Proven functional experience with SaaS and externally hosted Clarity PPM 15.x and above
- Experience with configuring and implementing Clarity PPM
- Knowledge of agile workflow management tools like Rally and/or JIRA and/or Azure DevOps.
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related technical discipline or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Experience with configuring and implementing Clarity New UI preferred
- Experience in working with agile workflow management tools like Rally, Version One, JIRA preferred
- Experience with BI technologies like PowerBI and Jaspersoft preferred
- Working knowledge of web services, APIs, XML, SOAP preferred
- Experience with testing automation tools like Selenium preferred
- Experience in .net, python a plus
- Prior experience building requirements for systems implementations – including but not limited to functional design documents, file specifications, data flow diagrams etc
- Ability to lead a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Knowledge of database concepts and data structures
- Expert level SQL skills for data manipulation and validation (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle) a plus
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- The incumbent will be expected to work during standard core business hours
- The incumbent will be expected to travel <5%
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.