Lead Network Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Design, plan and implement WAN, LAN and wireless networks in a corporate network environment
- Provide leadership in the development and adherence to network engineering design standards including device configurations, logical and physical security aspects, and multi-vendor technologies
- Provide technical leadership and direction on technology solutions and network investments
- Provide third level technical support to network support team to resolve network issues
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external teams for all engineering requirements.
- Provide network design documentation to project teams, peers, and network support organizations.
- Provide engineering recommendations and service improvement plans for the corporate network infrastructure
- Strong multi-level communication skills
- Strong vendor management skills
- Analyze network activity and network problem trends to discover and prevent recurring errors
- Recommend network design changes/enhancements for improved system availability and performance
- Research, analyze and recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
- Assess network performance to ensure that solutions meets the present and future needs of the business.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant area of study.
- Minimum of 10 years’ working experience in network engineering
- Advanced understanding of Cisco routing and switching
- Expert level knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP)
- Advanced level knowledge of Cisco VPN networking
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Working knowledge of Arista switching
- Cisco certification (CCNP or other)
- Broad knowledge of TCP/IP, MPLS, WAN, LAN and wireless networks
- Working knowledge Unified Communications and VOIP
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of SDN technologies
- Knowledge of automation tools
- Experience creating low-level network design documentation including detailed Visio diagrams
- Advanced process, planning, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal in English) skills
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work <10% of the time
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours with occasional availability outside standard business hours to support global teams as needed.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms
- This role may be located in Highlands Ranch, CO, Austin, TX, or Ashburn, VA office
Learn more about our Corporate IT organization at: vi.sa/Corp_IT_careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.