Senior System Analyst - Production Support
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
In order for Visa to deliver on the version of the best way to pay be paid for everyone, everywhere, the Operations & Infrastructure team must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures. The O&I team is charged with building, operating, and maintaining secure and reliable data centers, systems and networks to support the business functionality that Visa provides to payment industry stakeholders.
- Supporting complex distributed applications and middleware technologies on RHEL
- Managing, querying and analyzing application data in Oracle databases
- Defining and implementing alert management rules
- Analyzing current processes and helping to identify process improvements and automation
- Updating the team’s web portal to make it more intuitive and useful
- Defining and implementing metrics for use by various levels of management.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree
- Experience with supporting applications running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) in a Production environment
- Experience with Java, Unix, Pearl, DB2 or any DB 3+ years of experience
- 2 -5 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience in an IT support and application operations support role or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Application performance management Tools or Riverbed Opnet: knowledge is a plus.
- Kubernetes knowledge is a plus
- Experience with supporting Web Services applications running on Apache Tomcat
- Experience with managing, querying (SQL) and analyzing data stored in an Oracle RDBMS database
- General understanding of Couchbase NoSQL Document Database
- Ability to write and maintain scripts (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.) to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post-production implementations
- Working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging and escalation procedures
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects
- Strong analytical and automation skillset to innovate and transform the traditional operational model
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.