Merchant Sales & Acquiring Manager - Cybersource
- Bogota, Colombia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of resellers and indirect clients prospects in the Andean, Central America & Caribbean, with special attention to improve the use and adoption of our ecommerce payments, fraud and payment security solutions to be the primary point-of-contact and trusted advisor to our clients. This is a direct client-facing role. We are seeking a proven leader in sales and client management to become part of the Sales team to drive maximum value within our indirect sales channels and close new partners accounts. The role is key to our customer retention and account development goals This role is also responsible for targeting and supporting resellers into new deals with companies accepting online payment to add them to our growing reseller portfolio. Position will be located in Bogota, Colombia.
- Create new revenue by generating business opportunities through partner referrals, inbound leads, sales inquiries and prospecting.
- Develop and monitor the reseller programs to ensure Cybersource’s value proposition is effectively delivered to the indirect clients and that key business metrics are achieved.
- Identify and manage the sales process and close new fraud management, payment processing, payment security and digital solution businesses.
- Develop and execute account and reseller’s portfolio level strategies that support key business metrics including client retention, revenue growth and profitability. Become a trusted advisor with clients by deeply understanding their business and aligning their needs to our solutions.
- Provide expertise on our global payment processing, fraud management and payment security technologies and advice on key features and functionality allowing the customer to execute their strategies.
- Serve as our reseller’ advocate internally while effectively collaborating with internal, cross-functional teams including product management, customer support, sales engineering and finance.
- Ability to lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the key internal resources for support.
- Lead ongoing strategic customer meetings to communicate best practices, successes and business results; facilitate quarterly business reviews & executive meetings.
- Analysis of reseller’ customer performance metrics to deliver consultative business reviews which result in strategic recommendations, best practices and process improvements to ensure that they derive maximum value from their investment.
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- Position will report to Merchant Director in the regional LAC hub (Miami).
- He/she will interact internally with Sales, Products and Marketing teams, among others, and the MS&S Regional and Global teams.
- Externally the position will interact with several stakeholders, including acquiring clients, merchants and Third Party Agents.
- 5+ years of Global Payments sales and/or related experience.
- 5+ years related experience of SaaS/High Tech industry, successfully managing and expanding Strategic Client Relationships.
- Strong strategic Consultative Selling and Customer Relationship management experience focusing on Enterprise / B2B segment.
- Success in working in a "fast paced" environment leveraging tools like Salesforce.com and formal sales methodologies like Miller Heiman’s.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Global Payment platforms. A bonus would be knowledge of Mobile Payments and the omni-channel landscape.
- Experience working with indirect sales channels such as resellers and sales partners.
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) to address complex business issues and opportunities.
- Experience based "Issue Resolution" skills that facilitate dialogue across all levels of a business including the c-suite.
- Strong individual contributor focused on a results based performance.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Ability to travel within the region - 30% (as required)
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance including P&L responsibility.
- Sales and/or Industry Management experience.
- Excellent business planning and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and engage multiple levels of management in key decisions where required for the business.
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes; merchant and acquiring experience in the designated markets is desired
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law