Visa Direct, Ecosystem Readiness LAC Lead
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is Visa’s push or buyer initiated payment solution to support instant P2P payments and disbursements. Visa believes the global opportunity for instant push payments is $55 trillion in annual payments volume – with an excess of 85% of this fulfilled through checks, cash or other slow forms of payment. While some of this volume represents traditional P2M payments, a significant proportion represents new use-cases (P2P, sharing economy payouts, merchant disbursements, QR based merchant acceptance) whereby funds are sent to consumers and small businesses. Financial institutions, payments providers and technology companies are leveraging Visa Direct to transform the way money is moved by consumers and businesses.
The Visa Direct Ecosystem Readiness LAC Lead, will be a key team member of the Visa Direct LAC team, which is focused on accelerating the development of the infrastructure and readiness of the ecosystem, as well as manage processes required for Visa Direct to properly function as a product, in the region.
The scope will include creating new strategies, processes and controls to support scale the growth of Visa Direct’s various use cases, to reach commercial targets for authorization optimization and to manage the product efficiently in the region, considering specific country needs and regulation requirements. The candidate must possess a unique combination of product expertise, problem-solving skills, be comfortable with rapid changes, have intellectual curiosity, and attention to detail.
Key Ecosystem Readiness Responsibilities
- Support processes and creation of best practices for authorization performance for originators and issuers in the region
- Create and execute product performance action plans in partnership with regional leads
- Create models for program performance post-launch, evaluate the post-implementation model, develop and implement solutions as needed
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders on creating tools and processes to optimize authorizations
- Manage projects with internal expert teams to execute on authorization optimization
- Establish Risk, KYC, AML best practices for clients and engage with stakeholders to continuously improve Visa’s policies and positions
- Manage ecosystem readiness related processes and continuously review for improvement and optimization in the LAC region
- Manage program submission and approval process with clients and stakeholders in the region
- Manage product business operational processes for the LAC region engaging closely with key stakeholders
- Work closely with the Global Ecosystem Readiness team to guarantee standard approaches and strategic alignment for the region
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, including senior leadership
- Support teams in delivering high quality training to all internal stakeholders and elevate the knowledge of Visa Direct in the region
- Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on regional and functional partner needs
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- BA/BS required; MBA or other relevant Master's degree preferred (e.g. Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields).
- Passion for future of payments and self-motivated to be change agent in the ecosystem
- At least 8 years of experience in managing program performance, ideally with some combination of product and operations experience. Advanced degree preferred
- Experience working across global markets in the payments/financial sector
- Strong project management and organization skills to keep large cross-functional teams delivering towards a common goal
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtaining buy-in and elevating issues at critical junctures
- Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese is a plus
- This position may require occasional travel, international and domestic.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law