Sr Director, Head of Product Development, Infrastructure and Operations (US Preferred)
- Foster City, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, and the best way to get cash, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. VisaNet processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency or cash, instead of checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency and cash to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Global ATM Network Product Office leads all aspects of the Visa ATM business which includes devising key market strategies, conducting complex analysis, and creating new opportunities focused on long term revenue growth and increasing market share. The day-to-day management of the ATM business includes direct oversight of a complex offering that contributes over $1.4B in annual revenue to Visa Inc, interfaces within all divisions and geographies across the company and is a core offering to clients worldwide. Specifically, in key markets, the ATM channel serves as a very important banking channel for Visa clients and continues to expand beyond its traditional role as primarily a cash dispensing device and more of an everyday banking center with such features as intelligent deposit, and multi account selection transfers and bill payments.
This Sr Director position will be responsible for the following 2 main areas of focus:
ATM Infrastructure (Product Development): Lead all ATM capital projects globally including ongoing delivery of Global ATM Product Roadmap that aspires to provide modern ATM Functionality, develop new services (i.e. Contactless), continually enhance our ATM Locator too and deliver ongoing System Enhancements to ensure competitive and best in class Visa / PLUS ATM network solutions for clients. Specifically, this includes:
- Lead new Infrastructure related initiatives (i.e., EMV, Contactless acceptance, Tokenization, PIN change, Image deposits, etc.) and ensure network optimization by addressing maintenance and processing issues
- Lead cross functional groups and IT to develop business requirements and ensure projects are shepherded through the capital planning process to client implementation and then tracking of usage (post implementation)
- Ensure the health and well-being of our global ATM Network from an Infrastructure perspective by working with IT and Client Support Services to facilitate, understand and resolve global client issues related to our ATM business (i.e., transaction quality, systematic billing errors, etc).
ATM Operations (Product Support): Lead team of 3 FTE’s to diagnose, recommend and develop process and product improvements to all operational aspects of the Global Visa / Plus ATM Network including:
- Work with Global / Regional ATM product offices and client account teams to offer sales and client support on all ATM operational issues such as participation and implementation support for new services and capabilities (i.e., Plus Alliance, Deposits, PIN Change, etc).
- Ownership of GAPP and recommending a new structure and plan that ensure a broader compliance effort focused on five distinct areas. This includes leading and encouraging her new team, of three FTE’s to diagnose, recommend and develop process and product improvements to our renewed GAPP and Global ATM efforts including accelerating adoption of our Global ATM services globally including:
- Lead quarterly ATM CDF Client classifications for all US clients and delivery
- Provide thought leadership, strategy development and creation of business case for new ATM opportunities at it relates to our ATM Locator, licensing, exception processing, billing, CPS, Global ATM Rules, PLUS Rules, bylaws and ATM guides
- Ownership and oversight of all BAU activity including management of back office, billing, processing, and Visa / Plus rules related operational issues
- Full ownership of Global ATM Locator Program including client interface, commercialization strategy, data repository, billing support and API delivery
The aforementioned areas of focus will require this individual to work closely with global teams representing Technology, CSS, Product, Pricing, Interchange, Strategy, Operations, Sales and Legal groups.
Location flexible - US Preferred
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 10 years of work experience with a PhD
- Undergraduate Degree required, graduate degree/MBA preferred
- 12-15+ years payments experience preferred, ATM industry experience preferred, including several years of leadership experience in successful businesses that have strong track record of revenue generation, product management, strategic development and execution
- Business minded, strong commercial and financial acumen
- Strategic thinker, excellent management skills, superior analytical skills with the ability to assess an opportunity's potential, leveraging fact-based analysis and industry experience
- Ability to handle complex projects with multiple work streams and proven leadership over a wide variety of stakeholders at junior through executive levels
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, results driven, and flexible
- Strong people leadership, management, interpersonal, and communication skills required
- Global or multi-national business experience preferred
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.