Head of Data - Visa Payments Limited - Level 6
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Head of Data, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
- Drive the data strategy and transformation agenda for Visa Payments and manage & maintain the Data Management framework
- Data owner for VPL, accountable for the security and integrity of the organisation’s data
- Working with the Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis provide support and insight of the oversight of business management and performance
- Develop and implement business scorecard reporting schedules that show financial and business performance metrics and leading indicator status reporting
- Accountable for data architecture and infrastructure
- People leadership and development of a team of technical SME’s
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Manage a team of three SME’s (Level 5 – Level 4).
- Ensure that the stated business aim of a data led decision making framework is promoted and delivered either through the existing team or broader Visa data & analytics teams.
- Develop and implement a data management strategy that is forward looking, and which responds to and anticipates future industry development.
- Ensure that all data used for decision making and customer service purposes is stored in an operating environment that is adaptable to a fast-changing environment and dynamic business demand – annual volumes are expected to reach circa 200m once product scale is achieved, so the storage of data will be a key requirement of the role.
- Ensure that all output is recognised as the single source of data for all stakeholders so that reporting and insight is efficiently managed (i.e. no shadow reporting).
- Support the BI Team in managing incoming requests for new and ad hoc reporting from key stakeholders. Prioritise delivery with key stakeholders.
- Proactively manage relationships with VPL Leadership Team, ensuring that operational issues are swiftly resolved.
- Act as a key contact for Visa Direct colleagues outside of the UK delivering key daily and monthly reporting including client performance and returns data.
- Oversee delivery of all reporting (and analytics) services to the organisation in line with agreed ensuring that all daily reporting to both internal stakeholders and external clients is delivered within agreed timeframes.
- Champion new MI/BI reporting efficiencies, driving the usage of report automation, adoption of self-serve and usage of the algorithmic approach to reporting the remediation of data quality/lineage issues to maintain appropriate data management protocols and ensure compliance.
- Establish dashboards that are both commercially insightful and facilitate timely decision support.
- Proactively identify, structure, and manage complex issues to quickly arrive at recommendations that drive business priorities and demonstrate results to business partners.
Thinking about careers differently...
- Proven experience of managing large data warehouse operations
- Prior experience of leading a team of technical SME’s
- A blend of technical expertise and commercial insight that ensures that the data warehouse is actively distributed and utilised across the business
- Educated to degree level with Computer Science, Engineering or a Business degree or equivalent working experience.
- Experience in delivering analytics projects and an understanding of analytics lifecycle
- Experience in data management including governance and ownership
- Experience of partnering and influencing senior executives
- Expertise in industry standard modelling and analytical tools
- An ability to identify opportunities and propose solutions
- A sense of urgency, assertiveness, and directness. Ability to think longer-term coupled with fast execution of short-term priorities.
- Good at working in teams, especially when collaborating across different functions
- Curious, reflective; honest & open; self-aware
- Energetic & committed to improving Visa’s service to its clients
- Proactive, responsive, resilient, attentive to details and thorough
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.