VP, Cybersource Pricing Strategy
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Vice President - Pricing, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Cybersource Strategy/Marketing/SMB, will be responsible for leading the multi-year pricing strategy across all products and regions within Cybersource, and refining such strategy as needed. The VP – Pricing Cybersource will develop pricing strategies for the Cybersource platform, inclusive of a number of key services including gateway processing, Decision Manager and other fraud offerings, both on an a la carte basis as well as in service packages. In addition, leader will develop both wholesale and retail pricing reflective of CyberSource’s multi-channel distribution model. This leader will formulate pricing for Cybersource’s global business, addressing different levels of market development and regional norms while also creating a framework for large global deals where applicable.
This individual will lead a team that will be responsible for ensuring a consistent approach to all aspects of pricing and development of deal review templates. Additionally, this individual and her/histeam will focus on business analytics and competitive intelligence. They will collaborate with key partners to drive the best outcomes for the business.
- Define multi-year pricing strategy; ensure strategic consistency across products and regions
- Optimize pricing to simplify sales motion
- Set global and regional product pricing, ensuring clarity across offerings for sales and product leaders
- Synthesize data and research to drive pricing and packaging decisions for new products and price changes
- Engage and support sales and customer success teams on pricing tests
- Advise on structure and pricing for large, strategic deals
- Maintain price curves and have deep understanding of existing and future price structures
- Partner with tech partners to track and optimize partner referral commission structure
- Collaborate with marketing on value messaging and programs
- Define pricing KPIs and measure the effectiveness of pricing changes to enable continuous improvement
- Responsible for reporting on trends, risks and opportunities through data analytics, insights, and competitive intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to drive all aspect of product pricing and strategy
- Experience working in a global matrix organization with the ability to navigate complex structures and empower decision-making locally
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness
- Has experience in building, leading, and developing high performing cohesive teams by creating a climate that inspires development and in which risk taking in pursuit of learning is valued
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- At least 15+ years of experience, including experience in a leadership role in a P&L support function in a global, multi-channel sales environment with $1B+ in revenue
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives and facilitating collaboration across Product, Sales, Marketing, and Strategy organizations
- Pragmatic mindset with intense focus on execution against client needs, articulation of value proposition and concrete market facing focus
- Financial acumen—ability to utilize sophisticated financial analyses to evaluate business opportunities and make strategic choices
- Exceptional leadership and influencing skills - thinks strategically to influence and drive tactical execution, particularly in a matrixed organization
- Must be results-oriented, and able to handle multiple urgent tasks and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Has working knowledge around political, regulatory and business environments across different global regions
- Very comfortable receiving and giving feedback in a constructive manner
- Adept and inspiring leader that has built and evolved a high performing and diverse team
This role has a preferred location of San Francisco, Austin, or Lehi.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 20% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.