Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack Developer (Angular/Java)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Software Engineer, a highly motivated individual contributor based in Singapore, will be part of the Visa Online Software Engineering Team that reports into Visa Onboarding and API Platform of Digital Developer Platform. The role will be an integral part of all software engineering efforts and projects on Visa Online, and be responsible for designing and developing effective solutions in accordance with industry standards on best web development practices. The role will be required to perform code and design architectural reviews, suggest best practices and implement design and development standards. The role is a technologist who has the passion to solve problems, factor old codes, learn and pick up new technologies based on the needs of the organization, and level-up on existing expertise
- Design, build, develop and maintain web applications and solutions on Visa Online, in accordance with industry standards on best web development practices.
- Align with the direction and information provided by the manager to drive delivery of robust and usable solutions to meet functional requirements.
- Work with various Technology and Business counterparts to drive the continuous improvements of the platforms.
- Facilitate and lead System Integrated Testing on developed solutions in ensuring a bug-free release.
- Facilitate and lead User Acceptance Testing activities on developed solutions.
- Communicate and engage Business and Technology Partners to translate business requirements into functional requirements for design and development.
- Deliver assigned responsibilities in a timely manner and with a high level of quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in the Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology disciplines with strong fundamentals in software engineering.
- At least 3 to 6 years of working experience in the IT industry, preferably with advanced web development experience in developing web applications and solutions that are lightweight, responsive, user-friendly and visually appealing.
- At least 2 years of working experience with defining system architecture and design patterns.
- Knowledge of content management concepts and systems will be advantageous.
- Analytical skills to understand business requirements and to translate into technical specifications.
- Good articulation, communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are required.
- Good time management, organization and planning skills are essential.
- Problem solver with excellent skills in troubleshooting.
- Ability to document high quality functional and technical specifications.
- Ability to set priorities in a multi-tasking environment.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results with ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Passion to learn and pick up new technologies as needs evolves.
- More than 3 years of in Java/J2EE, SDLC and OOP in development enterprise-level client-server web applications.
- Good hands-on experience with RDBMS such as SQL.
- Good hands-on experience with Apache, NGINX and Tomcat.
- Good knowledge in APIs, Microservices and Containerization.
- Good knowledge In Architectural Pattern such as MVC, DAO, and Design Patterns such as AOP, Façade, Factory, Singleton, etc.
- Knowledge in GIT, Maven and best CI/CD practices.
- Knowledge in IAM design and solutions such as ForgeRock.
- Knowledge in Test Driven Development and Test Automation using Junit, Protractor, Selenium, etc.
- Basic knowledge of WCAG and Web UI Designs.
- Basic knowledge in graphical designs and international encryption algorithms.
- Singapore (SingPost)