Solution Consultant - Push Payments
- London, UK
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role in the Visa Direct team supports Acquirer & Originator enablement in Europe.
The Product Solution Consultant will play a critical role in the development of this rapidly growing business. Working as part of a small but growing team with a start-up culture, and supported by strong strategy, global product and technical teams, he/she will be responsible for providing consultancy services to Acquirers and to identify, define, and initiate execution of real-time payment technical solutions - keeping in mind evolving market, client and consumer needs and with the objective of driving significant future market growth for Visa.
The role has direct responsibility for enablement of regional and local Europe region Acquirers. The role holder must possess a unique combination of technical skill, deep understanding of payments, mobile technology, processing, banking systems, consumer behaviour, SLDC and Visa’s business. Crucially, the candidate must demonstrate excellent influencing skills to help execute the Push Payments strategy for Europe.
- Thought leadership in development of push payments that meet market requirements. The role requires developing the knowledge base on these relatively new solutions and developing industry best practices that can leveraged by local teams in many markets globally.
- Success of promising new solutions requires seamless execution based on carefully design market plans. This role provides support for rollout planning working with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Rollout of solutions has extremely tight deadlines and executive accountability associated with it. This requires that details, timelines, and project inter-dependencies are managed closely. Role holder will lead product interrelated project tasks and associated deadlines to ensure that they are met.
- The role provides support for partner management and internal stakeholder engagement and management for Platform enablement. Balancing the stakeholder requirements wrt. the platform roadmap is an important consideration. These solutions require rapid implementation while retaining flexibility for modification based on market insights and learning.
- Ensure effective solution implementation in market and pave the way for innovation rollout in a competitive environment. The role holder has to manage the delicate balance between technology, risk, social/ local elements and profitability – while “commercializing” these new solutions.
- The role supports the deployment of Visa’s push payment solutions in the EU hub.
- The role holder is charged with providing inputs that lead to decisions on solution design, product partner engagement and client implementation support.
Key Skills and Experience
- Unbounded intellectual curiosity and bias for action
- Driven, resilient, with attention to detail and positive under pressure
- Mid to senior level experience in a Programme/Product role for new payment product technologies and capabilities – including technical/commercial/advisory
- Ability to balance complex mix of interpersonal skills, technical proficiency, and commercial judgement to drive outcomes
- Significant experience simplifying the complex and removing commercial and technical barriers to execution
- Significant experience working across European markets in the payments sector
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- Passion for future of payments
- Excellent analytical skills and exposure in the latest BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI etc.)
- Solid understanding of modern technologies (e.g. APIs, cloud solutions etc.)
- Excellent Programme/Project Management skills. Exposure in both Waterfall and Agile frameworks is a must.
- Good understanding of the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)