Director, Managed Services - Visa Consulting & Analytics
- San José Province, San José, Costa Rica
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA), the consulting arm of Visa, is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk and economics consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry. Our VCA teams offers:
- Consulting services customized to the needs of Visa client’s business objectives and strategy
- Business and economic insights and perspectives that impact business and investment decisions
- Self-service digital solutions Visa clients can leverage to improve performance in product, marketing and operations
- Proven data-driven marketing strategies to increase clients’ ROI
Within VCA we have a dedicated service line – Visa Managed Services (VMS) with specialized experts who are routinely embedded into clients around the world to offer hands-on execution support. From our collective experience we have amassed an extensive set of best practices we leverage to help partners manage customer relationships, portfolio levers and product development.
The Visa Consulting and Analytics team is looking for a high performance individual to join our Visa Managed Services function and play a key role in developing and delivering high impact projects across the Central America and the Caribbean region in LAC. The potential candidate will proactively engage with Visa Partners and act on their behalf to enable sustainable and profitable growth ensuring that Visa is both, the preferred brand and a strategic business partner.
The Managed Services Director CARCAM will lead and support the design and execution of VCA’s recommendations for clients on their behalf. This individual will shape delivery frameworks and methodologies and lead end-to-end implementation of customer life-cycle programs, card portfolio solutions, product development/redesign projects, process improvements, and any enablement required to drive payment volume, revenue growth and efficiencies on behalf of our partners across the LAC region.
The role will achieve this through operational excellence by combining Visa’s data assets, proprietary analytical solutions, cutting-edge digital platforms, operative capabilities, best practices and ecosystem partnerships, helping Partners manage the relationship with their customer base and implementing life-cycle programs and journeys, manage their portfolios by optimizing p&l levers, manage their product cycle by developing or enhancing new propositions.
- Specific duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Play a key role in driving Client’s performance by serving as the in-market Managed Services subject matter expert and providing relevant guidance.
- Execute consultancy recommendations and specific Partner’s requirements by developing effective proposals and implementing flawlessly:
- Tactical Approach: Define objective and course of action relying on a data driven process as possible. Enrich traditional data with complementary sources, including digital, to improve accuracy.
- Analytical Methods and Tools: Perform analysis to summarize business, portfolio, client and account level trends. Apply statistical and data mining techniques to anticipate business dynamics and recommend opportunities.
- Decision Management and Process Automation: Leverage state-of-the-art platforms and tools to process business rules and criteria.
- Program/Project Implementation and Management: Plan an agile delivery through oversight and accountability. Establish timelines of projects and ensure execution meets quality and deadlines.
- Performance Management: Track and measure project/program KPI’s and establish a design testing approach to determine a cause effect relationship. Leverage cutting edge reporting tools to design and disseminate facts and results. Analyze results, provide insights and foster a virtuous cycle of continuous improvement.
- Optimization: Enhance the decision making process by applying data driven methods to solve for optimal business scenarios.
- Anticipate Client’s needs by designing, productizing and deploying innovative operationalization solutions as well as integrating assets in unique ways.
- Act as an extension of our Partners’ teams and support implement and manage key business programs and processes.
- Support partners evolve digitally by designing and implementing innovative use cases that enhances UX through the consumption and ingestion of data platforms.
- Help scale the function by shaping frameworks, methodologies, processes and required operational enablers to drive business growth and efficiencies on behalf of our partners.
- Augment Partners’ bandwidth to allow the consumption of existing Visa's assets and products and convert into meaningful value added services that drive portfolio growth.
- Take a team approach and serve as liaison with functional teams and ecosystem providers to ideate, prototype and enrich the function playset ensuring a collaborative and complementary working environment.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative fields such as business administration, economics, finance, computer science, actuary, engineering or related. Master’s Degree in related fields a plus.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in financial services industry, payments, consulting or similar.
- Problem solving ability with strategic focus on influencing ROI. Understanding of card P&L and critical factors driving profitability.
- Technological driven mindset, digitally savvy and up-to-date with latest market and industry analytical and digital payment emerging trends.
- Strong business development and sales skills for managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Project management skills with the ability to handle multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Experience executing enterprise programs in platforms like Salesforce, SAS, Adobe, Teradata or similar
- Programing skills in languages like SAS, R, Python, Java and in big data environments is a plus.
- Passionate, energetic, innovator, self-motivated and results oriented individual.
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time as necessary and appropriate.
- English and Spanish (Portuguese a plus).
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law