Manager, Visa Consulting and Analytics
- Taipei, Taiwan
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa connects the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network, and is well positioned to lead the digital transformation of the payments industry, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Visa's Consulting and Data Science team is a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts and statisticians helping major organizations adapt and evolve to meet the changes taking place in technology, payments, and commerce; with cutting-edge, creative and advanced analytic solutions.
At Visa, data drives all of our decision-making. Quantitative Analysts work all across the organization to help shape Visa's business and technical strategies by processing, analyzing and interpreting huge data sets. Using analytical rigor, statistical methods and predictive modeling techniques, you mine through data to identify opportunities for Visa and our clients to operate more efficiently and profitably.
In this role, you will report to the Head of VCA Taiwan, working with an amazing team of experts driving business transformation with advanced data solutions with a strong focus on Taiwan.
You will work with leaders across the region to drive a team of analysts and analyze and interpret data, develop metrics to measure results, design and build predictive models to guide business operations and integrate new methodologies into existing systems.
As a Manager, you do more than just crunch the numbers. You work with senior colleagues across the organization, Engineers, Product Managers and Marketing teams to put data at the core of Visa's value proposition and driving innovation.
· Work with large, complex data sets to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed; Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
· Develop comprehensive understanding of data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for both products development and sales activity
· Provide thought leadership in both using data to solve business problems and arriving at innovative statistical solutions
· Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with global peers to identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to Visa’s products
· Make effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, and experiment analysis) with business recommendations using quantitative information
· Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of Visa's products
· Apply advanced analytic skills to analyze VisaNet’s transaction data through building descriptive / predictive models, generating business insights and providing recommendations to drive business results
· Continually challenge our assumptions and innovate on new sources of data, tools, talent and potential partners to identify growth opportunities for Visa and our clients
· Experience with statistical software (R, S-Plus, SAS, or similar).
· Experience with databases and scripting languages (such as Hadoop and Python).
· 2 years of customer facing experience.
· 10 years of relevant work experience (i.e., data scientist role), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods.
· Experience with Survey Sampling.
· Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions.
· Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
· English and Chinese language business level and Cantonese preferred.
· Experience working on global teams highly desired
· Research experiences in AI, Deep Learning, GPU cluster management, secure and privacy-protecting data sharing techniques, and block chain, etc. preferable in an innovation or R&D environment.
· Experience of engaging and collaborating with government authorities and research institutes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.