Sr. Software Engineer - UI development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. It is built as a modern distributed architecture based on micro services with goals of five 9’s availability, fault tolerance, horizontal scalability and real time latency for largest scale transaction processing. Open VisaNet leverages state of the art Open Software technologies to achieve these goals on commodity hardware, such as Go, Scala, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, Aerospike, Elasticsearch etc. and involves collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, systems performance engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts, infrastructure and solution architects.
Visa is looking for a talented and versatile Sr. Software Engineer, who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa's Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally and drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world. Senior Engineers with strong UI design and development skills with Angular are preferred. We are looking for candidates who have strong UI Development experience in Angular are preferred. You will be leading a world class software engineering team and will be responsible for designing and building state-of-the art UI platform.
Selected candidate will be part of the most talented team of software engineers in Visa building its core payment engine and application delivery platforms. You will also have an opportunity to make a large impact across Visa as we re-architect its core payment platform. We build and support a variety of technologies that span multiple continents, deploying code dozens of times each day.
- Develop User interfaces for Modern Rich Internet Applications with the latest Front End Technologies
- Build efficient front-end systems that drive complex web applications, and write clean, fast, compatible, easy-to-use, automated-testable Angular code to realize our ideas.
- Stay up to date on the latest and best coding strategies.
- Apply expert knowledge of browser behavior and compatibility, cross-browser issues and solutions, and coding for search engine optimization
- Mentor colleagues and junior-level talent on best practices and methodologies.
- Make complex technical and design decisions for Angular projects.
- Work with UI/UX team to design state of the art UI for Enterprise users
- Build tools to improve operational efficiency of cloud infrastructure in all areas of Infrastructure Automation i.e. Deployment, Scaling, Availability, Upgrade, Maintenance, Security and Governance
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Evaluate “Proof of Concepts” based on Long Term Architecture and pilot new tools & technologies.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a small team of developers on various work streams and guide them on development tasks, perform code reviews and ensure design and coding are adhering to architectural standards.
- Extensive experience in design & development of web applications using Angular
- Must be passionate about UI development and a career path in this stream
- Proficient in CSS, HTML, and writing cross-browser compatible code.
- Need to have a minimum 4+ years of experience designing and developing Web UI
- Previous experience developing application codes and unit tests in Angular, Java
- Good Understanding of any one relational and NoSQL database
- Understanding of Microservices Architectures best practices with good understanding of Docker, Kubernetes a plus
- Exposure to server-side languages including Golang, Java or Node.js
- Experience with optimizing UI platforms for maximum speed and scalability.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, developing comprehensive test and quality plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate the logic and implementation plan to team members & managers.
- Bachelor Degree with minimum 4+ years of experience in Software Development