First Level Ops Support Technician - CCNA
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an First Level Ops Support Technician, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
As a member of Global Network Operations Centre (GNOC) team, the First Level Ops Support Technician is the in-shift detection, notification and escalation point for network issues. They have the primary responsibility for managing and responding to Network, Hardware and external client and circuit events which may result in impaired connectivity to our clients and internal business. The position requires an in-depth understanding of how logical and physical connectivity issues can affect transaction quality.
What we expect of you, day to day.
The preferred candidate will possess all of the following competencies:
- Understanding of customer topology and potential work-around scenarios to mitigate client impact.
- Modify and create work instructions or Recipes to prepare for similar impacting events and allow for a quicker response. Constantly review work instructions for accuracy and solicit improvements through second level support groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the incident management process to ensure that all communications are timely and accurate, as per documented process.
- Follow documented support procedures, managing each issue through resolution or turnover in order to maintain established service levels.
- Track update and resolve all assigned incidents, changes and problem reports in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets a standard of high quality.
- Properly escalate incidents in a timely manner per support guidelines and procedures.
- Proactively monitor, recognise, analyse, isolate and/or resolve documented hardware and software problems utilising a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Liaise with L2 support groups and/or development groups to collaborate on the resolution of incidents.
- Support project schedules and changes.
- Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training.
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups, and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone.
- Should have a strong understanding of transaction message flow and the different types of exceptions that can be encountered resulting in cardholder impact
- Incident bridge stewardship in support of timely resolution of internal issues
What we’re after…
- Basic knowledge of TCP, switching and routing, data-centre, WAN, tunnelling, Ethernet carrier transports and Wifi
- Basic load balancer knowledge
- Knowledge of Solarwinds, NetCool or similar fault monitoring toolsets
- Knowledge of ServiceNow or other incident and change management tools
- Previous experience as an Operations Support Analyst, or equivalent Network experience.
- Ability to work 12hr rotating shifts, with possibility of future move to 8hr rotating shifts
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organisational skills, ability to prioritise a constantly changing work load. Interpersonal skills and ability to excel as part of a team.
- Uses sound judgement in determining priorities and enlisting support of other internal groups to prevent any compromise to Visa business or client service level agreements. Proper escalation to support groups based on criticality and exposure.
- MS Office suite proficiency
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred: ITIL certification
- Preferred: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or studying in progress towards a CCNA or equivalent qualification
- Desirable: Any experience of network automation especially toolsets such as Python or Ansible
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.