Senior Account Executive - 12 Month Maternity Cover (FTC)
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Account Executive, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for managing, growing and retaining Visa’s largest commercial issuers.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Managing a portfolio of accounts including key strategic client relationships, working in a consultative manner to retain and grow the account and create loyalty
- Maximising revenue opportunities by building a deep client relationship and by being accountable for creating and delivering strategic and tactical account plan initiatives
- Analysing client data and reacting quickly to account changes and/or market changes that may directly impact the profitability of the account
- Plan and implement business plans and the penetration of new markets for the UK & Ireland markets
- Actively seek and advise on new business opportunities
- Manage a portfolio of B2B / Commercial clients as they transition from new to Visa to steady state
- Accountable for prioritising conflicting and competing demand across multiple accounts or products to ensure resources are deployed to maximum effect
- Work closely with the B2B & Commercial product team to ensure client / market needs are being met and great product solutions / platforms are being delivered to the UK&I market
- Work with clients to identify new and ongoing requirements, introducing new B2B & Commercial products and services as appropriate, endeavoring to break down silos and work together as “One Visa”
- Work closely with the assigned clients, regularly liaising with multiple key stakeholders and ensuring an ongoing quality relationship is maintained
- Demonstrate good knowledge of all products and services, with expert knowledge in B2B & Commercial areas. Understand the impact of their specialty area on assigned client business
- Engage with cross functional colleagues ensuring teams such as marketing, merchant & acquiring and consulting are appropriately involved and informed about relevant member issues
- Provide guidance and support with major contract negotiations and is involved in all major structural changes/account restructures
- Contribute to the development of innovative solutions and departmental plans
- Solve unique problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Contribute to the development of the overarching commercial strategy for clients and Visa
- Provide insight and input within cross functional Visa organizations for new or changing products and services which may impact their clients, including Visa rules, integrated billing, and transaction research.
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization. Provide proactive planning and operational support to ensure that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective and cost efficient manner while managing costs and increasing overall transaction performance (including authorization, clearing & settlement, back office processing).
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services. Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally.
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans. Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status and resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you don’t have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences which would transfer well.
For this role the key skills required are...
- Deep sales and account management experience, ideally within commercial issuers
- Have credibility to negotiate and work with Clients, build effective relationships to gain the confidence of clients and can establish open and transparent relationships
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way to drive adaption
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both verbal and written), and executive presence; must be able to interface with our most senior client executives
- Strong understanding of the new technologies that are shaping the European fuel market including vehicle telematics, mobile
- Team oriented, collaborative and diplomatic with ability to influence across Visa’s matrixed structure, clients, partners and the mobility ecosystem
- Employee base is flexible but individual must be available to be in the Visa Paddington office as and when required. Travel across Europe will be required
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.