Director, Application Support - Product Reliability
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Director of Application Production Support Level 2 team responsible to provide successful implementation and management of Visa services (applications under Digital Developer Products in the Sandbox and Production environments. Ensuring the service meets the corporate quality, security and compliance standards, and providing the documentation for the ongoing support and maintenance of the systems.
In this role, you will:
- Managing a support team of 10+ Individual Contributors
· Provide leadership and oversight second level support for Network Processing dispute processing.
- Planing the workload and schedule for the team
· Works closely with service partners in Operations, Product Development & L3 Support teams to ensure all related services are operational.
· Foster partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to understand business challenges and then design/develop required solutions.
· Drive continuous service improvement, incorporating automation for improved proactive problem determination and response.
· Partner with architects to ensure developed solutions adhere to established best practices.
· Provide technical thought leadership towards solving problems for the team.
· Drive the adoption of key engineering best practices to improve quality and reliability of team's deliverables
· Responsible for keeping the team engaged, motivated and operating with a high execution velocity
· Responsible for coaching and mentoring of direct reports
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Application Support, working experience
- People Management experience
- 12 years of Application support working experience
- 6+ years of experience with managing teams.
- Managing Site Reliability Engineering experience preferred
- Level 2 Support will be helpful
- 4 years’ experience in working with Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere and LDAP.
- 3 years’ experience in Production support working in a globally distributed
- Knowledge of production support processes, including incident/change/problem management
- Expert level of experience on Redhats version of Kubernetes, Docker called openshift.
- Experience in working as a Cloud DevOps Engineer, Build & Release Engineer, System Administrator and Automation Expert
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, config Maps, deployments using Jenkins
- Experience in Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Basic level knowledge on Akamai/Cloudflare, Active-Active setup Application
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and UNIX.
- Working experience on Java, J2EE and Perl Script technologies.
- Experience in working with Oracle DB’s, DML/DDL SQLs and Store PROCs
- Intermediate knowledge on Load Balancer, TCP layer architecture.
- Experience with Service Now and ticketing workflows is preferred. Working experience with monitoring tools like SPLUNK or any other monitoring tools/processes will be advantageous.
- Prior working experience with Card and transaction domains will be advantageous.
- Should have a technical and business mindset
- ISO 9000 and ITIL experience will be advantageous.
This position requires the incumbent to travel up to 10% of the time.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for