Director, Data Science
- Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & analytics (VCA), the consulting arm of Visa, is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk and economics consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry. Our VCA teams offers:
- Consulting services customized to the needs of Visa client’s business objectives and strategy
- Business and economic insights and perspectives that impact business and investment decisions
- Self-service digital solutions Visa clients can leverage to improve performance in product, marketing and operations
- Proven data-driven marketing strategies to increase clients’ ROI
VCA team is looking for an individual to join our consulting practice and play a role developing high impact projects for Visa. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to address key strategic needs for Visa’s clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights . Adept at creative and critical thinking, they are able to deconstruct problems and transform insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions. As a senior lead manager, you will be managing a team to perform complex algorithm development in the big data space for enhancing data driven solutioning and business strategies.
The ideal candidates are problem solvers, equipped with strong analytical & quantitative skills suited to address key strategic needs for Visa’s clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants.
Adept at creative and critical thinking, they are able to deconstruct problems and transform insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions. Candidates must be quick learners with a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Lead a small team who can work with large and complex datasets to develop high quality analytic products and solutions to promote growth and business development for the region.
- Manage multiple projects at a time from conception to completion with the help of junior team members
- Lead other tasks on R&D, data governance, system infrastructure, analytics tool evaluation,
- Help us staying at the forefront of technical advancement in data science and introducing cutting edge tools and techniques for generating business insights
- Provide thought leadership in analytic techniques and business applications to unlock the value of Visa’s unique data set
- Find opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build streamlined solutions for business consultant and Visa’s clients.
- Continuously develop and present innovative ideas based on data driven approach in order to improve current business practices within Visa
- MS in engineering, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or other related fields
- At least 10 years of experience in Banking, Retailers or payment system.with 3+ years of experience required.
- Minimum of 3+7 years of ' experience of relevant work experience in data, analytics, and statistics
- Extensive experience applying analytics and creating innovative solutions to solve business problems
- Extensive experience in presenting ideas and analysis to various audience levels
- Good business acumen to orient data analysis to business needs of clients
- Strong written, verbal, and graphical communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate the meaning of analytical concepts, analyses and results
- Ability to execute multiple projects and tasks with competing priorities while meeting required deadlines.
- Quick-thinker, fast learner, wide general knowledge, problem solver
- Team worker, responsible, delivery-oriented
- Excellent spoken and written English. Spanish is a plus
- Hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/Hive/R/SQL/Python
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, clustering, decision tree, Gradient Boosting, Random forests, Support Vector Machine, Deep learning, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Understanding of algorithms and ability to optimize various program complexities using suitable data structures.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines
- Experience designing and building new tools. Ability to re-use existing experience to develop new production-ready solutions.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law